OT: Tyler "Prodigy" Benson Debuting tonight

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Overhyped?, Overrated?, or just a true superstar in the making?.

The province had him on the front page yesterday.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=154220

9168185.jpg

Anybody else going to the game?

Lawzy

May 27, 2011
BC
I'll have to check him out in person. Used to be an avid Giants fan back in the Sexsmith, Lucic, Kane, Franson, Wacey 'Best Name in the World' Rabbit days.

Ahhh, those were the days.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
I'm pretty sure the Vancouver Giants like the coverage they are getting. When was the last time they made the front pages of the paper?

He's a 15 year old kid. He can't even drive. He was born in 1998......

That's a ridiculous headline regardless of his skill and potential

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
Wow 15. Sweet way to set him up for failure with that pressure. So he can't play in world juniors until he was 16 I'm assuming.

Waveburner

Sep 22, 2002
Benson is not another McDavid, and he's sure as hell not another Crosby. He's just not. He's an excellent prospect with huge potential but that headline from the Province is just absurd. Most of the realistic stuff I have read on Benson is that he's basically a more talented Brayden Schenn at the same age. Hyping him up as the next one will only lead to disappointment from your average hockey fan. I wish the kid all the success in the world, I just hope the hype doesn't get to him.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
IIRC, Bob McKenzie said he translated well as a WHL star, but not necessarilly as an NHL star. I'm curious as to what made him say that (it was on his Twitter when the Giants drafted him).

Cool Hand Goof*

between the hype for this kid and McDavid i wouldnt doubt if either lives up to it

Basso

Dec 11, 2008
Oilers are gonna be scary in a few years after they get McDavid and Benson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad