Injury Report: Tyler Pitlick - Knee Injury severity TBD.

Valic

BOOOOOOOOOO
Jun 12, 2007
Canada
"He's hurt, he didn't come back in the game, and that's not a good sign. We'll either call somebody up or we may just go with seven (defencemen)."
-Eakins

Pitlick was seen on crutches following the game.

I'd imagine they are amputating now.

cpsman

Aug 18, 2010
"He's hurt, he didn't come back in the game, and that's not a good sign. We'll either call somebody up or we may just go with seven (defencemen)."
-Eakins

Pitlick was seen on crutches following the game.

I'd imagine they are amputating now.

D:

Not good. Sucks for the guy after he scores his first goal

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
We have the worst luck, honestly. Score your first NHL goal ... go on the IR.

Can we just fast forward through this season already?

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
What a bummer. Just when he finally started to put it together. Hopefully, not the worst case scenario.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
we have a thread called "WHEN WE GET HEALTHY"

That thread is so funny

No kidding. I seriously can't remember when the Oilers had a full roster without anyone missing from the lineup. I'm sure there must have been a few games in the last few years where they were completely healthy but I can't recall many at all.

Honestly though.. EVERY team has to deal with injuries and many times to key players and the Oilers and we as fans I think use the constant injuries as a crutch to explain away their poor performances.

If only they were healthy... ya like Calgary who has a much worse roster ever when fully healthy than the Oilers yet they still seem to find a way to be at least competitive (although yes they are slipping now)... but that's just one example and obviously other teams have injuries and still manage to compete and be in the playoff hunt.

So in short yes injuries suck and it's unlucky and I feel bad for a guy like Pitlick who busts his ass and has a little success in his first call-up and then goes down on an injury... but this team needs to learn to suck it up and play 60 minutes of tough hockey every game no matter who's in or out of the lineup.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
we have a thread called "WHEN WE GET HEALTHY"

That thread is so funny

No kidding.:handclap::laugh:

When has any team been 100 % completely healthy for most of a season? And this is the Oilers we're talking about for God's sake. When Hall finally comes back, it will be someone like Eberle's turn to go on IR.

Neilio

Navi-X, Google it
Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
How about we NHL14 sim this entire season. Draft Ekblad. Have a drink, rub one out and call it a night.

I've simmed through an number of seasons in NHL 14 and even there, each of Hall, Nuge and Ebs miss an average of 9 weeks a year to injury. Hello EA! Turn down the realism a notch, would you?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Not really weird, the Oilers under Eakins don't talk about injuries. We didn't hear a damn word about Joensuu either. I feel bad for Pitlick, he was looking good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->