Proposal: Tyler Myers

BrianFromAIH

Long Time Lurker
Jun 16, 2012
Warren, OH, USA
Since GMs have completely lost it, it's time to throw Myers into the ring.

He's everything GMs love. Huge, good skater, good in the locker room, and he's even right handed.

Fax your offers to Kevin Cheveldayoff and to this thread I suppose.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008

He's everything GMs love. Huge, good skater, good in the locker room, and he's even right handed.

Your right, it looks like GMs of Canadian based teams have lost it. With Benning you can argue if there's anything there to lose to begin with.

MacDonald and Hagg for Myers

Quick fax it in!

The Wizz

Nov 3, 2015
Cody Franson and a conditional 2nd round pick to be named later. Get it done!

Fastasaurus

Nov 15, 2010
Saskatoon,Sask

Seidenberg, Khokhlachev, Edmonton 2nd

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB

The GM"S that have "lost it" have been Canadian Club GM's.

So Meyers for Martinez:sarcasm: haha

Iceman78

Jan 6, 2006
Bayonne, NJ
As a Devils fan, I really don't know the value of Tyler Myers. I would assume there's some concern losing one of your defensemen for nothing in the looming expansion draft.

Would both of our 2nd round picks in 2017 do it? A 2nd round pick + Reid Boucher?

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Detroit desperately needs to upgrade their D would be curious if Holland strikes out on either Fowler or Shattenkirk if he would try and revisit a Myers deal. Probably not but we definitely need to do something here.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
As a Devils fan, I really don't know the value of Tyler Myers. I would assume there's some concern losing one of your defensemen for nothing in the looming expansion draft.

Would both of our 2nd round picks in 2017 do it? A 2nd round pick + Reid Boucher?

Not a jets fan but I highly doubt that gets looked at.

Hobby Bull

amazon sucks
May 21, 2013
I thought WPG fans loved when they got Myers from Buffalo? What happend?

Winnipeg fan weighing in.

Myers is objectively a good defenseman with a good attitude and he would, indeed, "pass the physical". Because he was rookie of the year, expectations soared. So... just being a good defenseman... top 4 on pretty much any team, top pair on perhaps most, fails to meet expectations.

Myers has a low price-tag for "budget" teams, and a slightly more pricey cap hit for "cap" teams.

I want him on the Jets. (period)

The upcoming expansion draft may be a problem, though. Many fans in Winnipeg think that draft makes Myers the odd man out.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
Who is to say it's your GM that loses mind. :sarcasm: After all, it's been all Canadian GMs that's been on the news so far.

Anyway if I'm being serious, Mantha for Myers straight up. Maybe we can add in some sweeteners.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN

Taylor Hall.:laugh:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Kapanen + 2017 2nd? Can't see Leafs offering more especially with expansion coming

No thanks. I'd rather see what we have in Zaitsev before trading for someone like Myers.

Only person we'd be interested in would be Trouba, but I can see how they may not want to trade him.

Vote4Lubo

Axl's other other account
Feb 28, 2016
Antarctica

To La Brown(2mil retained)+kempe in b4 trade

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
No thanks. I'd rather see what we have in Zaitsev before trading for someone like Myers.

Only person we'd be interested in would be Trouba, but I can see how they may not want to trade him.

Myers would be great on the top line with Rielly.

Rielly-Myers
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Marincin-Carrick

That looks a lot better than

Rielly-Marincin
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Hunwick-Carrick

Leafs are giving a couple of futures for a top 4 Dman, I'd do it but idk if Jets think its enough value. This would be something Leafs NEED to do though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->