Player Discussion Tyler Myers thread

likash

Apr 17, 2019
Ballard could throw some mean hip checks. I rember he destroyed Hordichuk . Hordi was on the Oilers and was talking smack about the canucks before the game. In Ballard case i think it was more that AV did not like him at all. He did not fit the system.

Last edited:

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Ballard could throw some mean hip checks. I rember he destroyed Hordichuk . Hordi was on the Oilers and was talking smack about the canucks before the game. In Ballard case i think it was more that AV did not like him at all. He did not fit the system.
No. Ballard had some mental issues.

One of the beat reporters noted it.

And there is an article from his Uni newspaper alluding to it.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
He's lucky Loui Eriksson and to an extent, Virtanen are still on this team to soak up all the criticism. Once Eriksson is gone, he's going to get way more attention from the fans for being overpaid.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
He's in the second year of his contract and it's already a horrendous contract. If he played up to his cap hit for four of the five years and the last year he played like he is now, that would be acceptable.

Didalee Hed

I’m trying to understand
Sep 14, 2019
I am definitely calling him Tyre Fyres from now on.
Like.

I also learned today that some people have called him “Tyler Minors” before for his propensity to sit for two minutes or less :laugh:

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Tyler 'tire fire' Myers....I like that one. It's stomach-churning to think of what this contract is going to look like by the time it's in the last couple of years. But Louie Eriksson is giving us an idea of what lies ahead.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I always wondered if it was Tyler Minors because he takes so many minor penalties or if it was because he belonged in the minors.

It's both.

it takes skill to be top 3 in the playoffs in minors

despite playing 2 less playoff series.

not many guys are capable of doing that
Maybe Sam Bennett

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
It's imperative the Canucks get Seattle to take Myers in the expansion draft - it will obviously take a sweetener but that should be the top priority this off-season.
We should really stop playing him so much so people dont figure out just how bad he is. Id be annoyed if he made half his salary ffs

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
Played 25 minutes tonight and got dumpstered. Like it wasn't even close.

Only the second year and he's a trash contract. Like Stecher is better than this man and we just cast him off.

It's not by chance that hes getting ventilated more often. He's starting way more often in the defensive zone compared to last year where other defenders took the harder defensive zone starts (Stecher had 60% defensive zone starts last year btw, and still had better Corsi and on ice save percentage.)

Least this 5 year contract will be over quicker than Loui's, but damn does it suck to have another long term anchor contract on this team

Reactions: vanuck

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
It's not like we could have signed Gardiner at $2 million less per year with 1 year less on his contract in the same offseason.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Played 25 minutes tonight and got dumpstered. Like it wasn't even close.

Only the second year and he's a trash contract. Like Stecher is better than this man and we just cast him off.

It's not by chance that hes getting ventilated more often. He's starting way more often in the defensive zone compared to last year where other defenders took the harder defensive zone starts (Stecher had 60% defensive zone starts last year btw, and still had better Corsi and on ice save percentage.)

Least this 5 year contract will be over quicker than Loui's, but damn does it suck to have another long term anchor contract on this team

jesus, 25 minutes.

nHL.com must have updated the TOI, he was around 22 closing out the game.

that’s almost as embarrassing as when he played 11:45 in a single period.

B-rock

Jun 29, 2003
Vancouver
Tyre Fires is good at nothing. Watching him pass tonight was atrocious. Three in a row sequence of not just bad passes but set ups leading to Montreal going the other way with just one lone Tyre to defend after he skated himself into trouble and then left his mate with a terrible offering.

So, can't pass, is a turnstile in his own end, takes terrible penalties, and also thinks he's the second coming of Bobby Orr the way he skates the puck, looking off passes left and right until he's too far gone to make a good play. Jimbo outdone himself once again.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
At the time, just about every hockey pundit warned any team about the perils of signing Tyler Myers, particularly to a contract with big term attached to it. But it was like Benning had blinkers on....nothing was going to stop him from committing salary cap Hari Kari by signing this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad