Tyler Johnson: Tampa's MVP?

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
No question about it.

Although I think the article is stretching when it partially credits Johnson for Palat and Kucherov's success. All three have been great in their own right. But Johnson's been the best player in TB so far this season.

Last edited:

Ando

Keyboard Warrior
Oct 18, 2014
Central Coast, CA
Johnson's line with Kucherov+Palat has looked amazing from some of the Bolts games I've seen. Looking forward to what the Bolts bring in the near future.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov. 3 fast, skilled players with hockey sense through the roof = Dominance.

Tbh it's true Johnson's been the most consistent since day 1 so he earned the mid-season award but I don't a see a particular MVP on that line. Only 3 complementary, unselfish talents.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Palat-Johnson-Kucherov. 3 fast, skilled players with hockey sense through the roof = Dominance.

Tbh it's true Johnson's been the most consistent since day 1 so he earned the mid-season award but I don't a see a particular MVP on that line. Only 3 complementary, unselfish talents.

It'd be hard to choose between all three right now, but the other two have sort of warmed up to this point whereas, like you said, Johnson's been doing this since game 1. So if we were to choose an MVP, I think it has to be Johnson for his consistency.

Stamkos wouldn't even be in the conversation right now.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
It'd be hard to choose between all three right now, but the other two have sort of warmed up to this point whereas, like you said, Johnson's been doing this since game 1. So if we were to choose an MVP, I think it has to be Johnson for his consistency.

Stamkos wouldn't even be in the conversation right now.

Personally I don't want to choose. ;) We definitely agree on Johnson, he deserved the accolades due to his consistency, no doubt about it. Still like you already mentioned it's not like Johnson carried that line, Kucherov is firstly a scorer so people slowly started to notice him... But we both know how Palat's presence is crucial to his linemates too.

This line is a treat to watch.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Personally I don't want to choose. ;) We definitely agree on Johnson, he deserved the accolades due to his consistency, no doubt about it. Still like you already mentioned it's not like Johnson carried that line, Kucherov is firstly a scorer so people slowly started to notice him... But we both know how Palat's presence is crucial to his linemates too.

This line is a treat to watch.

Yeah, people always Forget About Drej, but he's every bit as important as the other two.

zeykshade

May 27, 2011
Tannhauser Gate
The guy who makes that line go is Drej. Could they do ok with another winger? Probably. Are they magical with Drej? Yup. Of course, I've loved Drej since Drummondville and Norfolk. He's the straw that stirs the drink. He's not as fast or as skilled as the other two, but he's every bit as smart and competes/works for them like his life depends on it.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
That line looks like the coneheads out there

pass shoot score

Damifino

Dec 23, 2013
FL Keys
It was Johnson's play that made Connichar expendable (when Cory was playing great). On top of what he is doing on the ice now, he has also had a hand in bringing Bish to the squad. Changed the level of the team in a positive way in a very short time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad