Recalled/Assigned: Tyler Graovac (reassigned 1/5)

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
That's what I was concerned about - put on too much weight and he'll lose speed and agility.

Billy Mays Here*

Liked him the moment we drafted him. Been pretty impressed with him so far. Hopefully our future 3C.

Biggs111

Apr 18, 2014
I think he has been impressive so far - sutter as well... Bench a bunch of our non performing pass-happy veterans - and put some of these younger guys in to show them what can be done...

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
Freaking joke they sent him down. I didn't see him play last night but i heard he was one of the lone bright spots. Makes no sense to send him down when you could swap him with Coyle for a little more ice time. Coyle doesn't deserve to be in the top 6 and he has been a joke all year watching. Actually really pissed off about this move. Keep being a lousy team MN

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Freaking joke they sent him down. I didn't see him play last night but i heard he was one of the lone bright spots. Makes no sense to send him down when you could swap him with Coyle for a little more ice time. Coyle doesn't deserve to be in the top 6 and he has been a joke all year watching. Actually really pissed off about this move. Keep being a lousy team MN

He probably wasn't going to play with Zucker back, which puts Coyle at C. Might as well give him full minutes in Iowa since we can't send Haula down.

MNjens

Sep 27, 2013
He probably wasn't going to play with Zucker back, which puts Coyle at C. Might as well give him full minutes in Iowa since we can't send Haula down.

How about we bench Coyle or Fontaine for a game then? Play guys like Graovac that actually bring something to the team and sit guys like Coyle who is one of the biggest "passengers" on the team right now

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
How about we bench Coyle or Fontaine for a game then? Play guys like Graovac that actually bring something to the team and sit guys like Coyle who is one of the biggest "passengers" on the team right now

I'm not opposed, but I don't think either of those guys would be benched regularly, so that would just keep him around an extra couple of games.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Was expected. This was always just going to be a taste of the NHL for him. I'm looking forward to a legit roster spot competition between he and Haula next year.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
I'm glad Graovac was returned to Iowa, he like Dumba need to learn how to play a smarter, more mature game. Kids will get very excited when they get called up to the big team but eventually all that adrenaline will wear off and they won't be seen as that hustling, young, shiny fresh new kid. So Graovac like Dumba will need to rely on what they gained by playing all those extra minutes and in all those different situations the may not get by playing up here.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City

Major mistake by Yeo/Fletcher in not sending Haula down when they could,his play has not been good enough this year.They also should be developing Coyle as a center on the 3-4 lines which will take time.Graovac looked good on his first call up but should continue in Iowa for the time being.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
Liked what I saw - hope he will develop.

Gosh what ever happened to Bulmer.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Liked what I saw - hope he will develop.

Gosh what ever happened to Bulmer.

The times I've seen him play he looked like he'd be a great bottom sixer and if he could eliminate some of the stupid penalties he takes he'd be perfect for us. He's big, fast, agitates, used to be able to score, bad fighter but not afraid to drop em.

I did some checking, and he did play in the most recent two games then I looked a bit further back and didn't see him in the line-up in at least 4-5 games before that. looks like just got back from an injury or suspension.

One of the Iowa games that stood out to me is when they won a game 5-1 :handclap: but where heavily outshot 59-25.:amazed:. Thanks to the crop of highly skilled Dmen we have in Iowa I'm sure they allowed only the lowest percentage type shots to get through to the goalie.:laugh:

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I agree with most others, I thought he looked very good.

Glad he is back down. He has a taste of The Show now, maybe motivates him that much more to play well and get back. Also lets Haula know that he is replaceable if he doesn't pick it up.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Because Sutter is sick, apparently?

Jeez. They should just forfeit a couple games, so they can all have a week off to sit in a windowless, air-filtered rooms, where no pathogens can enter :laugh:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
He had two grade A scoring chances. Not a bad thing to get a 21 year old more minutes in the minors before calling him up. Wild screwed that up with Coyle and Haula, can't do it again.

I'd also toss in Granlund to an extent.

But agreed; let him develop in the minors and give him a few call ups to get acclimated to the NHL. It worked for el Nino and Zucker.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Unless more injuries happen, I'd be happy to leave him in Iowa for the rest of the year. Don't see why there is any reason why he won't make the opening day roster next year.

Hopefully, this lights a fire under Haula.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad