Tyler Ennis Contract Thread

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
let's not talk about our terrible biases because at the core we're all awful posters

Ennis will get a contract similar to Hodgson, but not exact in term/$

Dec 8, 2013
Monte Carlo
I'm sure his agent is being a dick about all the money we just blew on lesser players. If Meszaros is worth 4, Ennis must be worth 7 kind of thing.

He'll get more than 4, guaranteed.
This is a reason I'm not a fan of overpaying for old guys. And after that, the chemistry factor. It's demoralizing if someone is getting more than you who's clearly worse than you.

I'd do 4/$20M for Ennis. I like what he brings and I think he's at least a 60 point guy with NHL talent around him.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
We all know that Hodgson is the better skater, but it's just odd that Ennis would meet or exceed all of your arguments for CoHo last year, yet you wouldn't make them for Ennis. It's almost like you would dismiss objectivity to argue your bias, but I know you wouldn't do that. :sarcasm:

Hilarious

LottoPlease

Dec 30, 2013
Pegulaville
Well, this might be the truest statement ever posted here.

0df73c5aaca670a33e2615b87e34d5b8655070f3aa66fcb72cf4391de6dd3ea2.jpg

Fersick

Sep 22, 2010
I'd do 4/$20M for Ennis. I like what he brings and I think he's at least a 60 point guy with NHL talent around him.

I like 4 years for the term seems really good for both Ennis and Buffalo. For the money $20M is a bit high, I don't think they should go more than $18M.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
4 years, similar to Hodgson. Build a bridge to when Reinhart and McEichel take the team. Let Ennis, Hodgson, Moulson, etc. play key roles into the near term. Whenever Reinhart and McEichel are ready, Ennis, Hodgson, and Moulson are a veteran supporting cast, or trade assets.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I say 3 x 4.75 for Ennis. I think Ennis could be a decent 2nd line winger on the super team to come, but with Moulson and Hodgson already taking up two spots in the top 9 with long term contracts, there is no reason to give that type of deal to Ennis. I view both Moulson and Hodgson as superior fits for their roles as shooters for McEichel and Reinhart respectively.

LottoPlease

Dec 30, 2013
Pegulaville
We all know that Hodgson is the better skater, but it's just odd that Ennis would meet or exceed all of your arguments for CoHo last year, yet you wouldn't make them for Ennis. It's almost like you would dismiss objectivity to argue your bias, but I know you wouldn't do that. :sarcasm:
Does anyone actually believe that?
It's not like he's Pominville knocking it into 12th gear against Ottawa

I'm on Team Cody and Team Tyler all the same but for what the sabres will become talent-wise I'd rather have Ennis' wheels.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad