Tyler Bozak Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
If you watched the kid play you would know that's not the case.

Our goalies face a lot of shots and their save % is high.. which should explain the PDO.

Look at Bozak's goals this year and you'll see that they aren't flukey snipes.. he's positioning himself well and making the opportunities (generated by his awesome linemates) count.

Yeah I have watched and yes he is getting open looks. He is also getting lucky as hell seeing-eye deflections and losing draws for primary assists.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but don't expect it to last.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
Let's start calling him T-Bo if he keeps up the point pace, it's endearing and lets him know we like him.

hockeyfanz*

I'm pretty sure Datsyuk is a #1C with #1 PP time and he scores at like a 60 point clip.

ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha...Bozak being compared to Datsyuk...ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha...ahahahahahahahahahahahahah:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

hockeyfanz*

You're right. Bozak is in a league of his own. Better cap hit too.

Quick somebody get Ken Holland on the phone....Bozak will get us Datsyuk ++....he may not be as good as Bozie but he has good playoff experience and I heard he is a pretty good defensive player. If Detroit throws in a prospect and a draft pick....Nonis should consider it.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Yeah I have watched and yes he is getting open looks. He is also getting lucky as hell seeing-eye deflections and losing draws for primary assists.

Not that there is anything wrong with that but don't expect it to last.

Sort of like Patrice Bergeron's seeing eye masterpiece last night. :sarcasm:

I don't expect those freebies to last either.

Being consistent if we are scoring goals on style.

Milan90

Jul 8, 2009
Etobicoke, Ontario
ahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha...Bozak being compared to Datsyuk...ahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha...ahahahahahahahahahahahahah:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

He laid out the qualifications for why Bozak isn't a #1 C and according to his qualifications, neither is Datsyuk.

Not replying like a complete dumbass would give you some clout, for future reference.

summerstorm

Dec 5, 2011
He laid out the qualifications for why Bozak isn't a #1 C and according to his qualifications, neither is Datsyuk.

Not replying like a complete dumbass would give you some clout, for future reference.

this guy has "clout"???...go read his posts...then you will figure this individual....do I get another infraction????

The_Chosen_One

Jul 4, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Patrice Bergeron, the man who has moved all the goalposts for 1Cs everywhere
It's funny, because being a top line centre should be measured via performance against top shutdown units. Bozak was always productive on the top line against the shut down lines regardless of his point production. Neither Krejci or Mikko Koivu have had drastically higher output, and yet they're considered top liners. The fact is, the Crosbys and Stamkos of the NHL are not that common.

Last edited:

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
It's funny, because being a top line centre should be measured on performance against top shutdown units. Bozak was always productive on the top line against the shut down lines regardless of his point production. Neither Krejci or Mikko Koivu have had drastically higher output. The Crosbys and Stamkos of the NHL are not even that common.

How is he productive regardless of production? Not commenting on his recent tear, because he is producing like never before, but when he was a sub 50 point guy with 10 primary assists he wasn't doing much. This year is something new and I am enjpying it of course, but weren't his wingers the producers against those shut down lines? What is your yardstick?

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
How is he productive regardless of production? Not commenting on his recent tear, because he is producing like never before, but when he was a sub 50 point guy with 10 primary assists he wasn't doing much. This year is something new and I am enjpying it of course, but weren't his wingers the producers against those shut down lines? What is your yardstick?

And there is the problem. Not producing the now magical 50 points does not equate to 'wasnt doing much'.

Bozak and Kessel (and whoever part three has been) has always been a PPG (or nearly PPG) line regardless of who was getting the points. You can argue that's all Kessel or not if you like.

He's one of our best penalty killers and is a deadly offensive threat short handed.

He's almost a sure thing in the shoot out.

He's a solid 200 ft player.

He's one of the better faceoff guys in the league.

Seems he was doing quite a bit.

Now he's also putting up points (something he has improved in each of his full NHL seasons as well). I hope he maintains, but he has certain pulled his weight on this team in every situation asked of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad