Recalled/Assigned: Tyler Bertuzzi

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I wouldn't say I'm impressed but I think he fits in. He looks like an NHLer. He reminds me a bit of Abdelkader as a rookie/sophomore - kind of physical, some potential skill, presently average with more apparently coming.

BDizzle*

Jul 7, 2010
Ontario
I am confident he will be fine. I haven't watched to many wings games this year, but I specifically tuned in to the past few to watch Bertuzzi. I didn't think he looked out of place, and was doing his best to provide a spark.

More time in the weight room will help him succeed at this level, but I think the hockey IQ, knowledge and heart are there to be a pretty legit middle 6 player. In fact, as a leafs fan, since he was drafted I was always hoping to spark a trade for him (and still do).

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I am confident he will be fine. I haven't watched to many wings games this year, but I specifically tuned in to the past few to watch Bertuzzi. I didn't think he looked out of place, and was doing his best to provide a spark.

More time in the weight room will help him succeed at this level, but I think the hockey IQ, knowledge and heart are there to be a pretty legit middle 6 player. In fact, as a leafs fan, since he was drafted I was always hoping to spark a trade for him (and still do).

This. Just needs to get stronger, tad faster maybe. His style takes time. He needs some big minutes in Grand Rapids. He's more than just a 5-5-10 pest. Think he peaks around 20 goals actually.

muchbetterthanlada

Oct 24, 2015
Yup to be able to fit Vanek's $2.6 million both Lil Bert and Mantha would eventually need to be sent back down. But both could stay up for now.

could it be that they sent Bert down early to get a final look at both Miller and Ott before deciding which one of them will be waived to keep Mantha in mix?

:laugh:

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
He will be back soon enough. He's only improving and benefiting from the ahl today.

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I think Tyler will be a good NHL'er. Seems to have good hockey sense. Add 10 pounds and keep improving and he should carve out a nice career

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Did he forget his things or something?

:laugh: What was the story, he called his grandparents to bring his equipment to the Joe last game?

This is happy news, takes away from the reality of the Wings losses the last few. At least there will always be new players to get excited for.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Larkin - Nielsen - Abdelkader
Mantha - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Tatar - Sheahan - Bertuzzi
Miller - Glendening - Ott

These are the lines I would like to see, don't know if the ''Glendening on the 2nd line'' experiment is over or not, it worked last game.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Larkin - Nielsen - Abdelkader
Mantha - Zetterberg - Nyquist
Tatar - Sheahan - Bertuzzi
Miller - Glendening - Ott

These are the lines I would like to see, don't know if the ''Glendening on the 2nd line'' experiment is over or not, it worked last game.

Vanek will be back so Miller or Ott will be sitting. Bert will likely be on the 4th line

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad