Injury Report: Tyler Bertuzzi Leaves on Crutches (Out 3-5 weeks, post #26)

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Definitely looked worse than it actually was.

Estimated 3-5 weeks is actually better than I was expecting. Looks like its a mild/moderate ankle sprain. I thought for sure there was a rupture or fracture, which is usually 6-12.

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I'm surprised, expected a fractured fibula at the least + extensive ligament damage.

Get well soon!

Exactly what happened to me on Halloween, playing hockey no less. :( Still off my foot and can't put weight on it for another few weeks. Torn ligament as well. But I needed surgery and can't put weight on it because the metal plate could bend. So if he didn't get surgery it shouldn't take as long I would think.

As a side note, I pay so much more attention to injury news now. It's not that the team will be missing them, it's that I know what the player is in for. I feel so bad every time. :laugh:

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
I wasn't really that impressed with Bertuzzi. I mean, he wasn't playing bad or anything, but he was just kind of there.

That being said, it's obvious he could have come up at the beginning of the season and done just as well as a Miller or an Ott.

Oct 18, 2006
I wasn't really that impressed with Bertuzzi. I mean, he wasn't playing bad or anything, but he was just kind of there.

That being said, it's obvious he could have come up at the beginning of the season and done just as well as a Miller or an Ott.
I tend to agree. Difficult thing for him is he needs to add speed, as well as strength. They are his two big weaknesses IMO.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I thought that injury was much worse than it was glad it turned out to be a best case scenario as far as how that looked

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad