Injury Report: Tyler Bertuzzi Leaves on Crutches (Out 3-5 weeks, post #26)

Sheriff Bert

Blash is Trash
Apr 24, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Too bad Uncle Todd wasn't here tonight to stand up to Emelin. What a scum bag player.

The one night Ott isn't in the lineup too. I'm surprised that E or Abby didn't step in.

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
Too bad Uncle Todd wasn't here tonight to stand up to Emelin. What a scum bag player.

The one night Ott isn't in the lineup too. I'm surprised that E or Abby didn't step in.

E probably didn't because we were already down one defender and we played last night. Abdelkader I don't know, probably should have (though that just means taking Emelin off for five :laugh:).

I'm sure they'll remember it next time we meet.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I'll be surprised if he isn't out months. Looked horrible.

Shame too because I thought he was playing his best game so far.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Nothing was suspension worthy or even penalty worthy sadly. Didn't like the plays though.

It's amazing what he did in that game while avoiding obvious or conventional penalties. For example, he saw Bertuzzi was in a vulnerable spot and he took advantage of it. So obvious. But not penalty worthy. Maybe Emelin was having a bad day or something but he was out for blood.

jolly roger

Aug 4, 2013
It's amazing what he did in that game while avoiding obvious or conventional penalties. For example, he saw Bertuzzi was in a vulnerable spot and he took advantage of it. So obvious. But not penalty worthy. Maybe Emelin was having a bad day or something but he was out for blood.

It's pretty obvious that BOTH hits were dirty shots.

What has happened to the big bragging about "We're standing up for each other", that was inspired by Ott's addition to the Wings?
Once you throw that down you better back it up.

Instead we allow dirty hits on AA, Bert and Smith to go unanswered.
It will only get worse if you're a patsy.
Gordie knew what to do.

Where have Ott and Abby gone, even on the cheap shot to Larkin too.
If Ott the "sandpaper" addition isn't doing that what the hell is he doing?
(I know Ott was out this game but I'm talking back to AA's knee shot).

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Emelin was clearly out for blood the other night, and Bertuzzi not the only one that he played his dirty, disgusting tricks on. So I'd consider it a bit weird to blame Bertuzzi for it.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Emelin was clearly out for blood the other night, and Bertuzzi not the only one that he played his dirty, disgusting tricks on. So I'd consider it a bit weird to blame Bertuzzi for it.

Bertuzzi approached the boards wrong that is his fault and his alone

it was shoulder on shoulder

now one can maybe argue emelin should not have hit him because it was a vulnerable spot but it wasnt illegal or dirty, bertuzzi should not have tried to lean back into him being that he was 3 ft from the boards, he should have gone up against the boards to absorb the hit

when you try and stop/brace and lean back into the player that far off the boards your dead

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Bertuzzi approached the boards wrong that is his fault and his alone

it was shoulder on shoulder

now one can maybe argue emelin should not have hit him because it was a vulnerable spot but it wasnt illegal or dirty, bertuzzi should not have tried to lean back into him being that he was 3 ft from the boards, he should have gone up against the boards to absorb the hit

when you try and stop/brace and lean back into the player that far off the boards your dead

You're right that he could have prevented the injury or made it less traumatic but there's also no denying that Emelin recognized that he was vulnerable and tried to hurt him. That's what's upsetting. The guy is obviously trying to hurt people. Now I would never advocate trying to hurt people but the way to fix this is to run price. End Montreal's season and make sure Emelin and the entire Montreal coaching staff understands that it's his fault.

Last edited:

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
You're right that he could have prevented the injury or made it less traumatic but there's also no denying that Emelin recognized that he was vulnerable and tried to hurt him. That's what's upsetting. The guy is obviously trying to hurt people. Now I would never advocate trying to hurt people but the way to fix this is to run price. End Montreal's season and make sure Emelin and the entire Montreal coaching staff understands that it's his fault.

well thats crazy talk

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
well thats crazy talk

Like I said I wouldn't ever actually advocate doing it. That's not how the game should be played, and if you play that way then you're no better than him. But honestly Emelin has been doing this for a while and he's not going to stop unless there are real consequences for his actions. A slap on the wrist from the NHL won't do it.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Nothing was suspension worthy or even penalty worthy sadly. Didn't like the plays though.

Habs fan coming in peace.

Was definitely a 2 min for boarding at least i think. Could have been a 5 and i would not have complained too much. Was a very dangerous hit.

Usually Emelin is clearer that he was yesterday though. I don't know why but he looked meaner than usual yesterday.

Wingsfan 4 life

Oct 9, 2016
Habs fan coming in peace.

Was definitely a 2 min for boarding at least i think. Could have been a 5 and i would not have complained too much. Was a very dangerous hit.

Usually Emelin is clearer that he was yesterday though. I don't know why but he looked meaner than usual yesterday.

Yea, Emelin looked like he a chip on his shoulder all game. Not sure if something happened in the Habs/Canes game and he just took it out on Detroit, or maybe carryover from our last game a couple weeks ago, which IIRC ended with a scrum.

As for the Bertuzzi hit, I don't think it was penalty worthy. Was it a dangerous push by Emelin? yes, but Bertuzzi didn't give himself any favours leaning back the way he did. Not with the puck right there. You know you're getting hit.

I'm more pissed that no Wings player did anything to Emelin than I am over the hit itself.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Like I said I wouldn't ever actually advocate doing it. That's not how the game should be played, and if you play that way then you're no better than him. But honestly Emelin has been doing this for a while and he's not going to stop unless there are real consequences for his actions. A slap on the wrist from the NHL won't do it.

If its a questionable hit, not illegal but unnecessary than I advocate two things
-you deliver a clean and hard open ice hit
-you fight him and yuo dont stop until separated by the refs. nothing sent more of a message about the DRW then Mccarty on lemieux, no the wins, not the pretty goals or nice passes

so either deliver a clean hit or drop the gloves right away and pound him

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Watching all of those plays at live speed I'd be hard pressed to call a penalty on any of them.

Doesn't make Emelin any less of a piece of **** though. He was clearly throwing a knee into Larkin and taking advantage of Bert's ackward situation

Nut Upstrom

You dirty dog!
Dec 18, 2010
Florida
I wont advocate going after Price he done nothing, that said someone is going to hurt Emelin! and it is all his fault.

Someone, some day will hurt him, but it's a good bet that person won't be a Red Wing player. Frustrating that no one did anything to the guy considering the type of player he is and the likelihood that he was trying to injure our players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad