Recalled/Assigned: Tye McGinn sent down to Adirondack

CyborgLindros

Mar 29, 2012
has to be a conditioning stint. he will be back up no doubt. question is, whos spot does he take? Talbot? Fedetenko? Rinaldo?

It won't be Rinaldo. He's to important especially with how he's been drawing penalties. Maybe Fedetenko. I could really see him being sent down until an injury however.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I think he may be down for good (until another injury, anyway). I would be shocked if he was replacing Talbot or Rianldo. Fedotenko really has not been bad, he has played his role I think exactly how anyone would have expected.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
has to be a conditioning stint. he will be back up no doubt. question is, whos spot does he take? Talbot? Fedetenko? Rinaldo?

Barring multiple injuries or trades, you won't be seeing McGinn again this year.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Briere
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Talbot - Fedotenko
Shelley - Knuble

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Barring multiple injuries or trades, you won't be seeing McGinn again this year.

Hartnell - Giroux - Voracek
Simmonds - Schenn - Briere
Gagne - Couturier - Read
Rinaldo - Talbot - Fedotenko
Shelley - Knuble

Honest question: do you make this statement based on McGinn's health or that there wouldn't be a place for him with the line-up you list? My hope is that we see neither of Shelley (who probably should call it a career due to injury and diminished ability) nor Knuble in the line-up, but that McGinn or Z would be up and in with any personnel movement.

Let's say Brière does get moved. I'd hope Gagné slides into his spot on the second line and McGinn takes up a regular position next to Couturier and Read on the third line. That gives the 3 S's (speed, size and scoring) on the top 3 lines.

Then again, if there is any reason to play it cautiously with McGinn and his broken orbital bone, I would expect the Flyers to do so.

CS

Bryzgalov's Blueline
May 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
Honest question: do you make this statement based on McGinn's health or that there wouldn't be a place for him with the line-up you list? My hope is that we see neither of Shelley (who probably should call it a career due to injury and diminished ability) nor Knuble in the line-up, but that McGinn or Z would be up and in with any personnel movement.

Let's say Brière does get moved. I'd hope Gagné slides into his spot on the second line and McGinn takes up a regular position next to Couturier and Read on the third line. That gives the 3 S's (speed, size and scoring) on the top 3 lines.

Then again, if there is any reason to play it cautiously with McGinn and his broken orbital bone, I would expect the Flyers to do so.

I say it because I'm not so sure that the organization plans on moving more than one forward.

Let's say Briere is the odd-man out. I could see them filling in with Knuble instead of McGinn, not because Knuble is better or anything like that, but because he's accessible. They're paying him as a veteran so why not use him to close out a short season? If you're trading forwards that means you're a seller, and if you're a seller it means you've established that they playoffs are out of your reach.

Let McGinn have some consistency and recovery time after his injury. Let him develop. You have veteran forwards signed for just that purpose right now. McGinn will reappear next year.

FLYERSFAN18

May 31, 2008
Pennsylvania
I really like what I have seen from McGinn. With that said he should only come back when completely healthy. There is no need to rush him back. Also giving him a couple games with the Phantoms before he comes back might be a good idea. There is no reason for Shelley or Knuble to ever be in an NHL lineup ever again. Both of them are painfully terrible. So if McGinn is healthy and we need to replace someone in the lineup he should be the first one called up

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
if we are really sellers at the deadline...like 4-5 games under .500, I hope to gd there is more than 1 forward traded. Keep the core...sell the rest. Let McGinn, Wellwood and Z play on the 4th line for experience(ok...McGinn on 3rd, Zac on 4th).
Briere, Feds, Knuble can all be useful to a team in the playoffs for depth.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
One can only hope he will be gone

and soon. i can't stand watching him float around and just watch the puck in the defensive zone.

otherwise i don't think we'll be seeing McGinn again (or an injury). Fed is a good pker as is Talbot while Rinaldo provides the big hits and trolls the s**** out of opposing players. sucks cause i like mcginn as a 4th liner

Last edited:

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire
i think McGinn is going to have to take it back a notch if he wants to be a NHL player. Not saying I dont like him. I do like him, I just worry if he keeps playing the way he has his career maybe short lived.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad