Ty Wishart comparison

Riddick

Feb 29, 2004
Weve been discussing on the islanders board about Ty Wishart since he was traded for Roloson. One of the things was 'who is he like?'. Lots of comparisons to various players. I used an example of Tom Poti-ish. Big guy, doesnt use his size very much, competent in the defensive end and can contribute offensively. Is this close?

4Isles4*

I guess i could live with Tom poti but that comparison really doesnt excite me..

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
Poti seems like a best case scenario to me. Wishart's tools aren't remarkable nor is his AHL production. Without his high draft position, nobody would be excited about him.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I'm going with Steve Montador.SP?

Last edited:

Isles727

Nov 20, 2010
The best comparison is Braydon Coburn of the Flyers. Great size, not overly physical, and will provide ok offense (not offensively inclined). Poti is much more of an offensive defenseman than Wishart will ever be.

Brandinho

deng xiaoping gang
Aug 28, 2005
República de Cuba
The best comparison is Braydon Coburn of the Flyers. Great size, not overly physical, and will provide ok offense (not offensively inclined). Poti is much more of an offensive defenseman than Wishart will ever be.

A broke man's Coburn maybe. Wishart has nowhere near the defensive instincts that Coburn does. Not to mention that Coburn's offensive production is Pejorative Slured by the other defensemen in front of him like Pronger, Timonen and Carle.

fcpremix88

Mar 9, 2007
Tampa
What impressed me a few years ago was his puck-handling ability. He was very smooth. I have no idea how this will translate to the NHL, but I was always hoping he'd make the Lightning.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad