Ty Smith vs Adam Boqvist

Ty Smith vs Adam Boqvist

• Total voters

Johnny McBravo

Hello Connor
May 28, 2010
Canada
In Edmonton it's kinda of a fan vs radio personality debate, in regards to whom would be our pick at 10. Our radio guys think Adam's concussion history propels Smith over him.

In your opinion who is the better pick at 10 for Edmonton?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
What is this talk of Boq even being available at 10?
There is a belief that a team is going to pick a center over a defencemen in the top 9 (New York Rangers or Montreal Canadians), which would leave one of the top defencemen prospects to fall. There is no chance that teams are going to pass on Tkachuk or Wahlstrom in the top 9. Most people do not see Bouchard, Dobson, or Hughes falling all the way to number 10, which would leave Adam Boqvist. The reason for this would be his size and concussion history.

Last edited:

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
There is a belief that a team is going to pick a center over a defencemen in the top 9 (New York Rangers or Montreal Canadians), which would leave one of the top defencemen prospects to fall. There is no chance that teams are going to pass on Tkachuk or Wahlstrom in the top 9. Most people do not see Bouchard, Dobson, or Hughes falling all the way to number 10, which would leave Adam Boqvist. The reason for this would be his size and concussion history.
Dobson and Bouchard much more likely to fall than Boqvist imo. And I wouldn’t take Brady top 10 but a team might so I get that

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
I honestly don't know. Never seen Boqvist or Ty Smith play hockey. If Boqvist is dropping i'll trust the scouts and the people who get paid to pick the players over what the fans want them to do though.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I honestly don't know. Never seen Boqvist or Ty Smith play hockey. If Boqvist is dropping i'll trust the scouts and the people who get paid to pick the players over what the fans want them to do though.
Boqvist is basically 1 year behind Smith in development , as he is 17, at 17 he is basically as good or better then Smith at every aspect other then defending. With an extra year of development for Boqvist he could be well in front of Smith and be a straight up stud before coming over. If neither of these guys will play for the Oilers right away, why wouldn't you want to draft the right handed future potential stud instead of the safer pick ?

hemmer_forever

Jun 4, 2007
Boqvist is basically 1 year behind Smith in development , as he is 17, at 17 he is basically as good or better then Smith at every aspect other then defending. With an extra year of development for Boqvist he could be well in front of Smith and be a straight up stud before coming over. If neither of these guys will play for the Oilers right away, why wouldn't you want to draft the right handed future potential stud instead of the safer pick ?

Ty Smith
Born Mar 24 2000

Adam Boqvist
Born Aug 15 2000

March to August is 1 year? ... basically

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I doubt Boqvist gets past pick 6

Trust me he will get past 6 and there's no question about it. I would not be surprised if he was still there at 10 but likely goes 8-10.

Dahlin
Svech
Zadina
Dobson
Hughes
Bouchard
Wahlstrom
Tkatchuk
Kotkaniemi

Personally I prefer Boqvist to Bouchard but have a feeling Bouchard will go before. Hughes, Dobson will go before Boq.

Nocashstyle

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2009
NJ
As a Devils fan, I’m happy with Smith. I’m sure Blackhawks fans are happy with Boqvist.

It’s insane that the top tier of defenseman in this class all still appear to be just that. None look like whiffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->