Player Discussion Ty Rattie

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
It's extra weird because Rishaug was the one who asked the question at the pre-game presser where Hitch basically dispelled all of that.

Hitch said he likes him. He's a different player than when he had him there before. Plays on the right side of the puck and fights for space now. He's just trying to do something else with the depth right now.

I think scouts are interested in some of the Oilers players, like Khaira, and could be why he's getting in over Rattie right now. Just a guess.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
I think scouts are interested in some of the Oilers players, like Khaira, and could be why he's getting in over Rattie right now. Just a guess.

My theory is Hitch is trying to reprogram the bottom six to play that heavy forechecking style again and instill that identity by playing all the crash and bangers together.

Hitch also mentioned a need for scoring from your top three lines, so once the grinders are consistently playing like he wants, I wouldn't be surprised to see Rattie back in there.

Furious Nerd

Jan 18, 2018
Khaira - Spooner - Rattie

The line had 6 shots (4 by Rattie) and 10 hits. They scored a perfect goal as a result of their hard work and forechecking.

All were +1 in about 10 minutes of ice time.

Hitch should give the line another game.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Rattie had a good game. I was losing it when he got the breakaway. Almost put the game away right there. Great play by that line.

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
What does Rattie keep doing to get demoted. Seems to work well with McDavid and the gets demoted or scratched. I don't get it. Doesn't seem lioe a defensive liability.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
What does Rattie keep doing to get demoted. Seems to work well with McDavid and the gets demoted or scratched. I don't get it. Doesn't seem lioe a defensive liability.
not that I think this justifies it....but I think they are desperate to "stop the bleeding" so they are tossing lines around all over the place.

hallhopkinseberle

Jul 14, 2007
london
not that I think this justifies it....but I think they are desperate to "stop the bleeding" so they are tossing lines around all over the place.

I think they are just trying to get some sort of secondary scoring. Because we have gotten none for a while.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I think they are just trying to get some sort of secondary scoring. Because we have gotten none for a while.
After Chiasson and Khaira he's the next highest winger in terms of points per game. I suspect Hitch just doesn't like Rattie that much, he's always had a bias towards bigger players and in pressers has been more muted in his praise with Rattie than other players who step up on the odd occasion. Much like McLellan before him Hitch also seems somewhat disposed to trying to mix the line-up to just get other players going hoping that if they get a couple points/goals the flood gates will just open.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->