St. Louis
Per JR Twitter.

https://twitter.com/jprutherford/status/561234324960194561

post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
Nice. Hopefully Rattie (or as my still-in-use copy of NHL07 calls him, Rathje), can show he can make an impact at this level

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
3rd line, JR mentioned we may see Jaskin Lindstom Rattie
Ott Goc Reaves.

Keeps the 4th line together. The top 2 line are as solid as ever with Stastny moving up. I'd imagine the 3rd line can be sheltered easier that way.

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
yeah id like to see goc stay with reaves and ott just so they can continue to build chemistry and feel out each others playstyle.

berglund and lehtera coming on the trip with the team makes it appear to me that the injuries are not as serious as they could be.

Lucifer T Longfellow

Mar 30, 2011
Ott Goc Reaves.

Keeps the 4th line together. The top 2 line are as solid as ever with Stastny moving up. I'd imagine the 3rd line can be sheltered easier that way.

I hope so!

I wonder if calling up Frazer for the 4th and moving Goc up to center the third would be better?

But I do like the idea of keeping as many lines intact as possible, especially the top two.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
I think management wants a look at Rattie. Not ideal conditions for him, but I'd guess Stastny will slide down from time to time with them. He's capable of 20 min a night, so it shouldn't be a big deal

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Ott Goc Reaves.

That tells me Lindstrom is not getting many minutes and Backes/Stastny or even Goc will get some shifts with Jaskin and Rattie.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
This tells me that Lindstrom is our new center and the Blues will be trading Backes off once Lehtera and Berglund come back.

Multimoodia

Sicker Than Usual
Nov 6, 2010
The Range
I also would like to point out my disappointment with the Blues failing to Unleash the Beach at this crucial point of the season, however perhaps they are simply trying to keep that a surprise until closer to the playoffs, let the other teams have less time to create a strategy to combat Cody.

It'd be futile, but they could try...

FloridaBlue

Mar 9, 2014
Wildwood, MO
Forgot this is on the East Coast which means a 6:00 start time and so I tune in just to see they've already scored and hear it was Reaves. Awesome.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I thought Rattie looked very good in tonight's game (against The Canes) - Yes, I DO know on which thread I am). He not only went into the tough places on the forecheck, but he hustled all night, getting back on defence (something I have seen only sparingly, with The Wolves (admit that I've only watched a handful of their games this season). But, it gives me more hope for him becoming a solid, Top 9 NHL player. I have hopes for him being a lot more well-rounded than Brad Boyes.

He probably won't be having most of his career with The Blues, but, I'd like him to show a lot of progress, so he can bring back more in trade.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Wait a second...If you're going where I think you're going, and you're also Dutch, does that make it a...:sarcasm:

I think you're giving me too much credit for having a sharp wit. I haven't the faintest idea of where you might think I'm going, or what being Dutch would have to do with that. "Dutch treat", "Dutch Uncle", "going Dutch" "You don't have a Dutchman's chance in hell of...." ?

You've got me curious.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I thought Rattie looked very good in tonight's game (against The Canes) - Yes, I DO know on which thread I am). He not only went into the tough places on the forecheck, but he hustled all night, getting back on defence (something I have seen only sparingly, with The Wolves (admit that I've only watched a handful of their games this season). But, it gives me more hope for him becoming a solid, Top 9 NHL player. I have hopes for him being a lot more well-rounded than Brad Boyes.

He probably won't be having most of his career with The Blues, but, I'd like him to show a lot of progress, so he can bring back more in trade.

Agreed. His defensive awareness stood out, and he wasn't glaringly outmuscled. Even more impressive that he wasn't more tentative when you consider there was no practice today.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012

That's actually a great comparison for Rattie.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
He had a nice backcheck at one point, but I didn't see much else from him all game. He needs to get more engaged on the forecheck, especially when he's the second man in. There was a time when Jaskin was fighting two players in the corner for the puck and Rattie just stood there about 3 feet away just watching, it drove me nuts.

I'm excited to see what he can do in Washington, hopefully the Blues get a practice in today so he can get a better feel for the speed.

If he becomes a more well rounded Brad Boyes, I'd be pretty happy with that outcome, as long as his contract isn't an albatross.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
I also would like to point out my disappointment with the Blues failing to Unleash the Beach at this crucial point of the season, however perhaps they are simply trying to keep that a surprise until closer to the playoffs, let the other teams have less time to create a strategy to combat Cody.

It'd be futile, but they could try...

I heard Chuck Norris wears Cody Beach pajamas to bed.

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014

I watched the end of the Preds-Avs game last night after the Blues game and I always try to keep an eye on MacKinnon when he is on the ice. I know Rattie will never be as fast as MacKinnon, but I really wish he skated as hard. MacKinnon's wheels are almost always going at 100% when he's moving zone-to-zone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad