NBA Ty Lue to be the next head coach of the Clippers

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Remember when the Clippers were going to pass the Lakers as LA's "Premiere team"? Fun times.

Screen-Shot-2019-10-15-at-7.17.40-AM-1.png

Reactions: Centrum Hockey

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
My favorite Clippers are "New Kings of LA" team was the 05-06 team that won a playoff series
Brand + Kaman + Maggette + Cassell + Mobley + Radmanovic

And Livingston + Wilcox on bench as "Kids with tons of potential that just need development"

All a mirage as they missed playoffs the next year and went downhill

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
My favorite Clippers are "New Kings of LA" team was the 05-06 team that won a playoff series
Brand + Kaman + Maggette + Cassell + Mobley + Radmanovic

And Livingston + Wilcox on bench as "Kids with tons of potential that just need development"

All a mirage as they missed playoffs the next year and went downhill
we got so close to a lakers-clippers playoff series that year but tim f*cking thomas happened

that clippers team was fun to watch. i remember rooting for them to go all the way after the lakers got bounced

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I saw a clip on TV where Balmer said that not only did the Clippers get the best Head Coach available but that they also got the best Head Coach in the NBA. :amazed:

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I saw a clip on TV where Balmer said that not only did the Clippers get the best Head Coach available but that they also got the best Head Coach in the NBA. :amazed:
What has Lue ever done as a coach other than allow LeBron James to carry him to NBA Finals in a weak Eastern Conference?

Lue's only coaching experience is with the Cavaliers, from 2015-16 to 2018-19.

I looked up LeBron James game-logs from the 2015-16 season to the 2017-18 season. These were three seasons that Lue coached James in Cleveland.

Lue's Cavaliers were 1-12 in the games James didn't play.

Then Lue's Cavaliers went 0-6 to start the season in 2018-19, with James playing for the Lakers at this point. Lue got fired after those 6 games.

So Lue has a combined 1-18 record as head coach in his NBA career in games without LeBron James.

I would think "The Best Head Coach in the NBA" would be able to have his team perform better than 1-18 without its best player. I understand that no James would mean poorer performance. But 1-18 is awful. That projects to a 4-78 record over an 82 game season, a winning percentage of 0.052. In other words, it projects to the worst NBA season in the history of the league (even worse than the 2011-12 Charlotte Bobcats who hold the record for lowest winning percentage in a season at 7-59, a 0.106 percentage).

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
What has Lue ever done as a coach other than allow LeBron James to carry him to NBA Finals in a weak Eastern Conference?

Lue's only coaching experience is with the Cavaliers, from 2015-16 to 2018-19.

I looked up LeBron James game-logs from the 2015-16 season to the 2017-18 season. These were three seasons that Lue coached James in Cleveland.

Lue's Cavaliers were 1-12 in the games James didn't play.

Then Lue's Cavaliers went 0-6 to start the season in 2018-19, with James playing for the Lakers at this point. Lue got fired after those 6 games.

So Lue has a combined 1-18 record as head coach in his NBA career in games without LeBron James.

I would think "The Best Head Coach in the NBA" would be able to have his team perform better than 1-18 without its best player. I understand that no James would mean poorer performance. But 1-18 is awful. That projects to a 4-78 record over an 82 game season, a winning percentage of 0.052. In other words, it projects to the worst NBA season in the history of the league (even worse than the 2011-12 Charlotte Bobcats who hold the record for lowest winning percentage in a season at 7-59, a 0.106 percentage).
Those Cavs teams were atrocious without Lebron. Yeah I don’t agree about the best head coach either but I don’t think that’s a good indicator of how the Clippers will perform.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->