ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Lines look like they'll be

Nuge - McDavid - Kassian
Rieder - Draisaitl - Chiasson
Lucic - Cave - Currie
Rattie - Malone - Gagner

Brodziak a scratch. Not sure about defensive pairings. Koskinen with the start.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Hate to say, but it's accurate other than overblowing the Leafs ability somewhat.

AHL glove - check
3 quality players supported by 4 liners at best - check
Players with more AHL games than NHL - check
Forwards who wouldn't make the Toronto roster - check

My only contention is the assertion that the Leafs could go on a cup run, but they didn't state it as a matter of fact, just that they could when reality is anytime a team is firmly entrenched in a playoff spot with 20 games to go could go on a run.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Again as I said in my last post, I agree. But what market writes an article like this after beating a bottom team?

Sorry, but I wrote my response before seeing your reply.

Agreed on the TO mentality of piling on a team that was down. Mirtle was spewing all kinds of points on twitter last night that we've discussed ad naseum over the last 13 years. We know we suck, but it does seems a bit low brow to pile on the other markets like that.

All that said though, this was written by Spector who writes for the Edmonton market.

Reactions: Mez

Fmrnuckfan95

Dec 16, 2018
Edmonton
eakins.png

Miss me yet?

Reactions: bone

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
Sorry, but I wrote my response before seeing your reply.

Agreed on the TO mentality of piling on a team that was down. Mirtle was spewing all kinds of points on twitter last night that we've discussed ad naseum over the last 13 years. We know we suck, but it does seems a bit low brow to pile on the other markets like that.

All that said though, this was written by Spector who writes for the Edmonton market.
Oh geeze I didn't even realize it was Marc....derp

Reactions: bone

voxel

Testicle Terrorist
Feb 14, 2007
Florida
Can we arrange for a fight between OBC and Melynk instead? That would be more fun than watching these two putrid teams play (outside of McDavid and Draisaitl on the ice).

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I notice lots of people want Hughes. I have not seen him because of the program he is in and he was invisible during the world jrs. They say he might have had an injury. He seems kinda small for a center.

Question

If the Oilers won draft ball and were to pick 1st, would majority want Hughes? I would say drafting another Center would move RNH out. I’m in the Kappo corner. We need wingers

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Well Roger's owns the Leafs and has all national broadcasts. No reason to support any of the other teams, just gonna take money away from the Leafs. I hate Bettman for allowing them a monopoly on hockey coverage.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I notice lots of people want Hughes. I have not seen him because of the program he is in and he was invisible during the world jrs. They say he might have had an injury. He seems kinda small for a center.

Question

If the Oilers won draft ball and were to pick 1st, would majority want Hughes? I would say drafting another Center would move RNH out. I’m in the Kappo corner. We need wingers

I've given up hope that picking 1st will change anything. I'm of the mindset that if they won, trade it with Lucic for anyone's number 1 prospect that is NHL ready and under 22. Best offer wins.

Then whoever is in charge can start the process of building a team around the three centres instead of just replacing one of them with a new shinier version.

Any of the other salary cap issues are much easier to navigate than the Lucic issue.

Reactions: Aerchon and MikeYEG

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
I've given up hope that picking 1st will change anything. I'm of the mindset that if they won, trade it with Lucic for anyone's number 1 prospect that is NHL ready and under 22. Best offer wins.

Then whoever is in charge can start the process of building a team around the three centres instead of just replacing one of them with a new shinier version.

Any of the other salary cap issues are much easier to navigate than the Lucic issue.

I would do this as well. Package the pick with Lucic to a team like Florida. Hughes is from Orlando. Maybe we could pry a winger or 2 outta them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad