Line Combos: Two Right Handed Defensemen: Are the Leafs better in terms of their defense now?

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Holl has been really solid, I honestly think he could push into the top 4 next year.

Barrie deserves some patience, moving from one conference to the other is a big adjustment, not to mention playing under a new system with a new defense partner.

Ceci is Ceci, hasn't exceeded expectations but it would have been wishful thinking to believe he'd play at the level of a top-pairing d-man.

Dermott just returned so it'll take him some time to get going.

Lots of missed assignments, confusion and miscommunication still but that should improve with time. If by early December they haven't sorted it all out, this could be a very bad year in Leaf Nation.

Reactions: heybuddyhowyadoing

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Last couple games have been a little rougher but for the most part it has been better this season. Unfortunately for us our goaltending has been pretty bad, thus it looks like it's worst than it is.

Ashdown2

Aug 19, 2006
the right side still sucks ...
ceci should be on the second pairing at max and play at most 18 min a game.
barrie is just way to soft and kinda the worse then marincin in his own end.

what i would do is drop ceci down to play with muzzy , try and find a taker for barrie for a C/RW.
trade nylander for a top pairing RD

that story of trading kappy for ghost just makes me sad. This team would have been alot better with kadri/rosen and ghost instead of barrie/kerfoot and kappy.
we miss kadri ALOT

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Last couple games have been a little rougher but for the most part it has been better this season. Unfortunately for us our goaltending has been pretty bad, thus it looks like it's worst than it is.

The last couple of games looking rougher was directly related to Muzzin being out. Hes more important than many realize.

All in all, I thought they handled it rather well though. Got 3/4 points and took a million penalties in the two games. Nice to have Freddy back in game shape.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Holl has been a very pleasent surprise. Looks like a very reliable #5-6.

Hes always shown flashes of good play in the past but has never really been given an opportunity to show it until now.

I think we will.need to be patient with Barrie until 25-35 games in. Looks like hes taken the adjustment to new team and city with difficulty

Last edited:
Reactions: Gallagbi

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Hainsey's underlying numbers are looking pretty rough. Getting sheltered usage and still putting up lousy possession numbers. Guess his age is finally catching up with him

Last edited:

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
They will be once there is a coach behind the bench who can teach it. Its been three years with this core and they look as clueless as they did on day one.

Reactions: moon111

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->