Two MnJHL Players Arrested For Heroin Possession

Dec 13, 2010
We wanted to avoid naming names at JuniorHockey until the dust settled a bit and USA Hockey made a statement, but good on TJHN for being upfront about it. I understand that kids make mistakes but this is above and beyond. You've got to be naive to think some of these kids aren't smoking pot and drinking underage, or using legal "alternatives". At some point the coaching staff HAS to step in though. One look at Chad Miller's twitter and you can tell the kid's arrogant and feels he's above the law, even when called out by other MNJHL players. Pretty horrible situation if you ask me.

emmett555

May 11, 2014
Miller & Shipunov should have been DEPORTED

Both players (Miller & Shipunov) should have been suspended for the entire season + playoffs, if not longer. The truth is, if they got caught once, just imagine how many times they didn't get caught! Miller is coach Simpson's nephew so that explains the light discipline. Where's the obligation on the management's part to report it to the league? They should have been deported. It is a privilege to enter the USA, play Jr. Hockey, and these two obviously didn't care. I also agree Miller was very arrogant in his twitter responses, and he shows absolutely no remorse. Miller has run out of eligibility anyway, so I doubt the US will allow him re-entry. Now he can go drinking every night at the Fiddle in PLAP, Manitoba with his buddies & talk about the old times playing hockey, and drink every night, as per status-quo.

However, I hope this is a wake-up and he gets sober and leads a productive life.

As for Konstantin, hope he takes it seriously + gets sober.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad