two-minute minor, a five-minute major and a 10-minute misconduct

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
1992 was a changing point in the NHL. Regardless of what people think about fighting in hockey the reality is the league has evolved and professional hockey in North America is simple not what it was 20-30 years ago. I could spend hours waxing poetic about the rough and violent hockey of the 1980's and early 90's but head injuries are a major issue in all contact sports and like it or not we are never going backwards.

I have adapted to the new NHL. I enjoy watching speed and skill. But if the league is moving towards a safer, more skilled brand of hockey, why in the world are their most valuable assets still being hacked, slashed and interfered with on a nightly basis? The rules are in place, if fighting is being slowly weaned out and the league is serious about player safety, then why are they not enforcing their own rules?

Do fans think the NHL brass need to do more to protect the leagues biggest star players or am I alone on this?

The NFL is a passing league now. Points and offense are at a premium. Fantasy football is king. QB's are the leagues most valuable assets and the league has taken steps to protect them..... at all costs.

SourTemplePilot

Go Stars!!
Oct 10, 2017
Dallas, TX
mathieu-perreault-2019-6378.jpg

So you’re now turning to HFB, Matthew? :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad