Post-Game Talk (GBU): Two Goals For, Three Goals Against, and Plenty of Shoddy Officiating

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I think Enroth's post-game interview is indicative of everything thats wrong with the team....every 10th word was "I dont know"...who held the puck in the zone for you? "i dont know:, who scored on you? "I dont know I stopped one but I dont know"...so on and so forth...I watched this whole game and was disheartened but didnt hold Enroth responsible til I heard him talk...a goalie is a leader and he exuded nothing that said "we deserve to win".

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
I think Enroth's post-game interview is indicative of everything thats wrong with the team....every 10th word was "I dont know"...who held the puck in the zone for you? "i dont know:, who scored on you? "I dont know I stopped one but I dont know"...so on and so forth...I watched this whole game and was disheartened but didnt hold Enroth responsible til I heard him talk...a goalie is a leader and he exuded nothing that said "we deserve to win".

Something would be wrong if he exuded 'we deserve to win', because they certainly have not yet deserved to win.

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
G: Foligno looked like the best player on the ice to me. created space for Ennis to do his thing.
PP gaining tract. McBain looking like a NHLer.
Our physicality. Huge margin in hits.

B: Coaching-the whole Scott over Larsson thing, Ennis TOI and length of shifts, putting Hodgson and Vanek out together with Kaleta who then squandered a couple of scoring opportunities. Putting Hodgson and Vanek out together in overtime.

U: the Orange band's blunder.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Something would be wrong if he exuded 'we deserve to win', because they certainly have not yet deserved to win.

Yeah seriously. I'd much rather he speak as he did than be cluelessly masquerading around feigning leadership through lies and inaccuracies.

No offensive threats plus piss poor defensive zone coverage is a recipe for disaster.

Lord knows we won't win the lottery, either.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Kudos to Philleanough for making his presence felt. This is the kind of impact he can have.

And I'm tired of Myers' face. He's ****ing lost. Get him off the pp please. His shot selection is brutal, and decisions are always incorrect.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
I though Foligno was our all star tonight. Enroth was great. I just wish this team had some sort of finishing ability. We squandered away a lot. The refs were kind of strange too. What seemed like random whistles at the Vanek penalty. The reason I say such is because we were in possession for a while. I hope the guys who played well build off their good play. Everyone needs to grow a set and wake up. I liked seeing the kid line live tonight. Grigs keeps his stick low and he'd have gotten a goal in the first. Myers needs to take a chill pill. Pysyk made nice plays tonight too.

UGLY: we NEED to construct better ways to keep them away from the crease and Enroth. They were all over it tonight.

chadthestampede

The Humanoid Typhoon
Jan 20, 2011

Knowing who scored on him makes him a leader and makes the team deserve to win? What?

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester

Yeah a young team looking for a sign of life could gain nothing from their starting goaltender simply remembering names on the ice....please you're frustrated but theirs a difference between a G1 stating his frustrations by saying we didn't deserve to win and a barely backup forgetting names in the effing 4th game of the year with rookies abound. The rebuild is undermined by BS like this.

Hypothetical if you are a teen player on this team and your NHL goalie cant even name drop in and interview after you gave it all how do you respond?

This team needs a kick in the @$$ and that's evident by how many Foligno endorsements there have been...

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Knowing who scored on him makes him a leader and makes the team deserve to win? What?

deserves to win? NO. Provides leadership? YES. As far as Im concerned Enroth is battling for a job as much as the next guy. On a ship-wreck like this it says alot for himself and his team when he can simply state who scored on me and who on his team did a good job. I know the caffeine might be too much but still...this is the NHl after all...

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Yeah a young team looking for a sign of life could gain nothing from their starting goaltender simply remembering names on the ice....please you're frustrated but theirs a difference between a G1 stating his frustrations by saying we didn't deserve to win and a barely backup forgetting names in the effing 4th game of the year with rookies abound. The rebuild is undermined by BS like this.

Hypothetical if you are a teen player on this team and your NHL goalie cant even name drop in and interview after you gave it all how do you respond?

This team needs a kick in the @$$ and that's evident by how many Foligno endorsements there have been...

Guess we'll just have to disagree, this kind of thing is basically what you hear all of the time from goalies and Enroth's the damn back-up to boot.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
Guess we'll just have to disagree, this kind of thing is basically what you hear all of the time from goalies and Enroth's the damn back-up to boot.

I suppose sir and no disrespect Id just rather see hackett be able to name drop and call out his teammates for their strengths and foes for theirs as soon as Id see Enroth go "uhhhhh so and sooo uhhhh I had too much caffeine ughhhh i let in one only after i stopped the first shot though ughhhh"(ik i exaggerated at the end)

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Let it also be known that, as well as Enroth played, and as nice as the shot was, he definitely Bryzgalov'd on the first TB goal. Just had to say it

Mad they get.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Let me clarify why John Scott was in before Larsson, its simple.

- New division rival. Make your presence known that the Sabres aren't letting that funny stuff go.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Draws:

Hodgson: 7 of 19 (37%)
Ottchocinco: 4 of 8 (50%)
Ennis: 3 of 11 (27%)

ToI

Ennis: 24:27. Including his 1:12 long shift in overtime. Wow
Myers: 22:57
Ehrhoff: 26:43
Stafford: 20:19
Grigs: 8:07
McBain: 21:20

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
:laugh::shakehead:towel:
Draws:

Hodgson: 7 of 19 (37%)
Ottchocinco: 4 of 8 (50%)
Ennis: 3 of 11 (27%)

ToI

Ennis: 24:27. Including his 1:12 long shift in overtime. Wow
Myers: 22:57
Ehrhoff: 26:43
Stafford: 20:19
Grigs: 8:07
McBain: 21:20

Amerksonian

Feb 28, 2007
Rochester, NY

I did not hear Enroth's comments, nor see the game but curiously similar nonchalance could be read from these comments in NHL.com game recap:

Vanek: "I don't know. I just saw it from the penalty box. I didn't even know I got him," he said. "I scored a goal 10 seconds later and all of a sudden it was a penalty. I thought [the official] was a little bit off today. It happens. Too bad."

Rolston: "I don't know what happened there," he said. "We thought we were going on the power play and we ended up getting the goal disallowed and being short on top of it. It was interesting."​

(emphasis mine on both)

--

Not sure what to make of this. If it was me I'd be a bit more angry about the bad call, but then again that's what being a fan is all about. ;)

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I missed the game, but Ennis had 24 minutes and Stafford over 20, dont want to see these 2 at the top of the time on ice stat? What gives? Is Rolston trying to drive away fans? Are they trying to go back to pre lockout half filled home building?

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Stafford's basically killed his trade value as a promising, still-room-to-improve, physical top-6 winger.

It wouldn't surprise me if the playoff contending teams now see him as a 3rd liner with the option to help out the top-6, rather than a legit top-6 winger.

Personally, I never saw his "huge" potential, the same way I don't see Hodgson's "huge" potential now.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
g- we got our first point of the season :yo:

b- faceoffs, poor use of Grigs, Girgs and scratched Lars

u- refs were bad on that no-goal becomes penalty

overall, there were some good sequences, some things to look forward too. Grigs gets better every game but I wish Rolston trusted him to play more than 10 minits a game. He won't be a checking centre, Rolston should accept that and think of ways to better utilize a guy that scored on pace with MacKinnon and Drouin in juniors. After all, he's a coach renowned for developing under 20 talent, would be pathetic to waste another year of Grigs in Buffalo only to send him to the AHL next season. Would be a terminable fiasco.

Anyway, its a rebuild, this is what they are like. Its too soon to start singling out anyone for anything.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Interesting, I thought Stafford was good in terms of hustling, I just don't think the guy is a top 6 forward anymore. The puck dies on his stick a lot.

G: Foligno, getting more than 2 goals, Stafford :)amazed:), I liked Ennis and Hodgson for the most part, oh and Pysyk, he had a bad giveaway but for the most part was fantastic all night.

B: Rookies, looked tentative and behind the play at all times getting muscled off the puck etc, I know they're rookies but still.

Team chemistry, just looks like no one has any chemistry with each other (in terms of on ice passing, etc)

U: Final goal sequence and the refs. **** the refs. If you're going to call the penalty on Vanek, which I'm fine with as it looked legitimate, ****ing call the penalty when Ott touches the puck, not when we score a ****ing goal. Stupid ass refs. :shakehead

This is where I'm at with him. Couldn't have put it better myself, and in fact I didn't.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
This is offensive to those who watched the 63+ minutes.

Vanek was pitiful.

Flyby's, half speed, sulking after misses, no hustle, ettc. Spare me the "that's hao vanick loox, ephertlace!!"

Please. He was noticeably awful and saw too much ice.

Ennis is still MiA.

Myers was terrible.

I'm frustrated.

Vanek was not pitiful. Aside from the Detroit game, he's been the same Vanek as always. Leads the team in scoring, and shots despite sometimes being on a line with Stafford. And yes, it IS how he looks. He's never been great on defense. I understand some frustration, but vent it in an appropriate direction.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
Let me clarify why John Scott was in before Larsson, its simple.

- New division rival. Make your presence known that the Sabres aren't letting that funny stuff go.

Lightning fan coming in peace.

Just like to point out we are arguably the softest team in the division - really don't need that message.

I mean our "heavyweight" is Crombeen :laugh:

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Just a bit of post game thought:

Buffalo didn't lose this game because officiating. They lost it because they didn't generate a consistent forecheck all game long

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad