Post-Game Talk (GBU): Two Goals For, Three Goals Against, and Plenty of Shoddy Officiating

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Good -

- McBain with a pair of points and a nice PP goal.
- Hodgson with a pair of points and a nice PP goal.
- Liking Foligno's game tonight, he made a difference in many ways.

Bad -

- Drew Stafford. Go far.

Ugly -

- Defensive coverage.
- Terrible night for the stripes -- bad call on the eventual GTG PP in particular.

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
Interesting, I thought Stafford was good in terms of hustling, I just don't think the guy is a top 6 forward anymore. The puck dies on his stick a lot.

G: Foligno, getting more than 2 goals, Stafford :)amazed:), I liked Ennis and Hodgson for the most part, oh and Pysyk, he had a bad giveaway but for the most part was fantastic all night.

B: Rookies, looked tentative and behind the play at all times getting muscled off the puck etc, I know they're rookies but still.

Team chemistry, just looks like no one has any chemistry with each other (in terms of on ice passing, etc)

U: Final goal sequence and the refs. **** the refs. If you're going to call the penalty on Vanek, which I'm fine with as it looked legitimate, ****ing call the penalty when Ott touches the puck, not when we score a ****ing goal. Stupid ass refs. :shakehead

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
G-
Hodgson contributing
Foligno mostly solid
Enroth and goaltending overall have been good

B-
Defense seems lost. Needs work.
Reffing was .... Ugly

U-
Impatience

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
And to think that this team has received excellent goaltending this year and they STILL are winless. This is going to be a long, long season.

BowieSabresFan

Nov 18, 2010
Interesting, I thought Stafford was good in terms of hustling, I just don't think the guy is a top 6 forward anymore. The puck dies on his stick a lot.

G: Foligno, getting more than 2 goals, Stafford :)amazed:), I liked Ennis and Hodgson for the most part, oh and Pysyk, he had a bad giveaway but for the most part was fantastic all night.

B: Rookies, looked tentative and behind the play at all times getting muscled off the puck etc, I know they're rookies but still.

Team chemistry, just looks like no one has any chemistry with each other (in terms of on ice passing, etc)

U: Final goal sequence and the refs. **** the refs. If you're going to call the penalty on Vanek, which I'm fine with as it looked legitimate, ****ing call the penalty when Ott touches the puck, not when we score a ****ing goal. Stupid ass refs. :shakehead

That was not a legitimate penalty. The Tampa player lifted Vanek's stick into his own face.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Better see some Mcbain action in here considering it should have been a 2+1-3 night for him.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
High stick remembered.
Big stupid **** defenseman
stays behind the net.

gonna find a new poetic style for next game, not a huge fan of Haiku

Last edited:

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
G - Marcus Foligno, Jhonas Enroth
PPG #1 by Hodgson
[NHL]2013020041-332-h[/NHL]

PPG #2 by McBain
[NHL]2013020041-403-h[/NHL]

B - Team Chemistry and Hockey Sense

U - Tyler Myers, D Zone Coverage

Kyndig

Jan 3, 2012
U - Officiating. Apparently whenever Tampa gets a penalty they blow it dead even when we maintained possession throughout. We get a penalty, pass it around and then they blow it dead when we score. GG refs GG

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I only saw the beginning and from what I saw Stafford looked good. Did it go downhill?

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
I only saw the beginning and from what I saw Stafford looked good. Did it go downhill?

He's at least moving his feet. Puck dies on his stick an awful lot. People keep referencing to his low shooting percentage but honestly, he's a terrible offensive player and I'm not convinced his poor point production has anything to do with his poor shooting percentage.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
He's at least moving his feet. Puck dies on his stick an awful lot. People keep referencing to his low shooting percentage but honestly, he's a terrible offensive player and I'm not convinced his poor point production has anything to do with his poor shooting percentage.

Well it's a chicken and egg thing. He seems at this point to have no offensive instincts and that results in most of his shots being harmless off power moves to the outside. He as always has no playmaking skills. Seems like he used to be able to get behind the defense a bit more but if he does now he gets caught right away. Still, he has been skating hard and plays well defensively. His position in the top 6 is one of the priorities to upgrade if the team were to actually improve.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
More frigging DVR problems, so I missed it again. Just watching the goal highlights and reading the box score, I'm pleasantly surprised with McBain and getting 2 PP goals. How did McBain look on D?

23 shots on goal is not going to be nearly good enough in most games.

If Scott is only going to play 4 minutes and the other team isn't Boston or Toronto, then why not play Larsson?

start winnin

NO MORE TANK BOYS
May 7, 2011
Buffalo
More frigging DVR problems, so I missed it again. Just watching the goal highlights and reading the box score, I'm pleasantly surprised with McBain and getting 2 PP goals. How did McBain look on D?

23 shots on goal is not going to be nearly good enough in most games.

If Scott is only going to play 4 minutes and the other team isn't Boston or Toronto, then why not play Larsson?

Ron Rolston. :naughty: :laugh:

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
G:
Enroth. Kept us in this game, had a few remarkable saves that made the Johnson goal forgivable. Looking forward to the post-Miller goalie competition.
Cody Hustle.
Foligno
Pysyk is gonna be SUCH a stud.
Grigs and Girgs playing together. Both were alright tonight.
Ott
McBain taking charge on the power play. Let's hope we bumble****ed into something interesting there.

B:
The fact I procrastinated doing laundry tonight for this game.
Myers. God almighty, what the hell are we gonna do with him?
This might have been the worst game I've seen Steven Stamkos play. Dude looked clumsy out there tonight, which is fine by me, but still.

U:
Officiating

ALL ABOARD THE SAM REINHART EXPRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! #TOOTTOOT #suckhardnowreinhartlater

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

He was hustling all night. I believe you are correct in your description. I call this phenomenon being "Saberized" -- turned into a cruddy grinder who can't score, I thought it was Lindy Ruff but it's in the water.

My pet peeve is the free pass Grigorenko seems to get. He doesn't hustle. He didn't skate after coming off bench on a bad change -- created 3-2.

I'm starting to the him. The better Girgenson gets, the worse this guy is going to look

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
3 shots on goal in the fist and one was staffords pathetic "spiroama"...how did we think this was gonna go?

and pysyk was great but im sorry 3-4 chances to HIT the net and he didnt...the kid is good and deserves breaks but people are being way too generous..

-Foligno set the tone
-Hats off to the team for "fighting" and trying to get em going
-Kaleta was invisible which we cant afford
-Vanek had about 6 redirects aka his linemates sucked and he tried to do something...
-Stafford is/was/will be a waste of space on THIS roster anyways...hes lost on offense and what makes it harder to watch is he tries....
-For all the love of Girgs he shied away from contact all game...he battles down low sure but when given a chance to finish a hit he seems tentative compared to what I have seen in Rochester
-WHY IS PORTER STILL HERE?

kooldonuts

Oct 3, 2013
G: McBain, Hodgson, Foligno, and the continued influence Girgensons has on the game. 4 games in, no signs of slowing. And, of course, John Enroth.

B: Tyler Myers, and the D zone coverage. Seems like an easy thing to pick at, but it's just so obvious that it needs to be mentioned.
Drew Stafford.

U: Officiating. All. Day. Long.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Drew Stafford must be leading the NHL in giveaways. 5 out of 6 times the puck is on his stick, the next player to possess it is an opponent. He is absolutely putrid. Forget Larsson, I would absolutely bench Stafford in favor of Scott right now.

Is the new rule in the NHL that on a delayed penalty to your opponent, the whistle blows when your team touches the puck? (Twice)

Last edited:

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Vanek belongs in the 'G' category as well

This is offensive to those who watched the 63+ minutes.

Vanek was pitiful.

Flyby's, half speed, sulking after misses, no hustle, ettc. Spare me the "that's hao vanick loox, ephertlace!!"

Please. He was noticeably awful and saw too much ice.

Ennis is still MiA.

Myers was terrible.

I'm frustrated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->