Twitter Poll

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I lean for Lafrenière and Stutzle but knowing we pick Askarov at 6 , I go with that

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Think back to the Matthews/Marner contract talks, which started two years into their careers. You think Melnyk is willing to pay 2 kids 10+ million on top of what he’ll have to pay Tkachuk?

If we get 1 and 2 and they’re as good as we hope, we’ll have 2 years to enjoy them until the contract circus begins.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
A non melnyk future is a brighter future

I mean imagine the headache when Lafrenierre and Stutzle become 90 point players and can command 10 mill salaries each in 3-4 years?

I honestly think it will be the signing bonuses that will cripple Melnyk much more than the aav.

No way could Melnyk afford the signing bonuses that guys like Stone and Karlsson got.

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
We've been crying about getting rid of Melnyk "whatever means necessary"... 5+6 in this draft will still be amazing, well worth it...

Bye Melnyk.

But, we all know the outcome. Another 20 years of Melnyk and 5-6 pick. :cry:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
I don't know why so many of you are invested in the outcome of the draft lottery if you don't think it can change the franchise's fortunes.

Melnyk is not selling. Not now, not 5 years from now, probably not ever. You will have to pry this team out of his cold, dead hands.

So why even care? Why be a fan at all?

senators101

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
I don't know why so many of you are invested in the outcome of the draft lottery if you don't think it can change the franchise's fortunes.

Melnyk is not selling. Not now, not 5 years from now, probably not ever. You will have to pry this team out of his cold, dead hands.

Well now I'm depressed.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

Yeah seriously. Time to move on.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Easily option #2.

With Melnyk at the helm, who knows if we will ever be able to be perennial Cup contenders with our budget issues. If we had two superstars in Laf and Byfield, no way we can afford a complete team.

Emerica

May 29, 2010

I can't speak for others but I'm hoping we win the lotto because I'd rather get to see a franchise talent like Lafreniere for 3-4 years before he gets traded than to keep watching the same dog shit roster we've trotted out the past few years. Meanwhile maybe Melnyk gets a partner or bites the dust.

Easily option #2 btw.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal

There is always hope Melnyk sells. Always. If we didn't have that then yes, a lot of us would have tuned completely out years ago.

Reactions: YouGotAStuGoing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->