Signing(s): Twins sign Marwin Gonzalez (2 years/21 M)

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Good pickup for the Twins there. Been a quiet offseason, relatively speaking this year, but the Twins are making some good moves.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
MLB free agency is just bizarre.

29 years old, 6.8 WAR over the past 2 years, heaps of playoff experience, can play every position on the field except catcher ... and can only get a 2-year deal?

DougieSmash

WE'RE IN! WE'RE IN! YES! YES! WOO!
Jan 2, 2009
Don't know much about Twins pitching but if Sano, Kepler and Schoop rebounds, that's hell of a lineup.

Garver, Austin, Schoop, Polanco, Sano, Marwin, Rosario, Kepler, Cruz.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
MLB free agency is just bizarre.

29 years old, 6.8 WAR over the past 2 years, heaps of playoff experience, can play every position on the field except catcher ... and can only get a 2-year deal?

And it was from an AL team. Go figure. NL teams should value position flexibility more than AL teams.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Don't know much about Twins pitching but if Sano, Kepler and Schoop rebounds, that's hell of a lineup.

Garver, Austin, Schoop, Polanco, Sano, Marwin, Rosario, Kepler, Cruz.
I mean if our goal is to put up 7-10 runs a game. Outside of Berrios and Gibson I don't trust any of our starters and our bullpen is still up for debate. We have quite a few solid setup guys but no one has stepped up to claim the closer role yet. If Berrios and Gibson can each win 15-18 games and the other 3 manage around 10-12 we will be ok I think. At this point I'd be ok with giving Keuchel a 3x22.5m kind of deal.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad