Injury Report: TVR (Shoulder)

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Don’t need Fleury trying to play his off side with the way the Isles pressure on their forecheck, that’s for sure. Putting Fleury and Pesce together would seem to make the most sense with Pesce switching back and forth to Slavins pair as needed situationally.
It's probably going to be
Slavin - Pesce
de Haan - Faulk
Fleury - Hamilton

ChuckW

Keep the Hurricanes great!
May 15, 2009
Parts unknown
Svechnikov likely back Wednesday.

Martinook is a maybe.

I think Ferland has had surgery

I can understand keeping injury news close to the vest during the playoffs. But if a player has surgery, the team should release that info. In the NFL, you have no choice. It's ridiculous for the NHL to have guys with "lower body injuries" and "questionable" status when they are being wheeled into the operating room.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I can understand keeping injury news close to the vest during the playoffs. But if a player has surgery, the team should release that info. In the NFL, you have no choice. It's ridiculous for the NHL to have guys with "lower body injuries" and "questionable" status when they are being wheeled into the operating room.

On a twitter thread he said he was in rehab, which I take he had something repaired.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
In regards to Ferland, I don't think "rehab" implies recovery from surgery.

Call me crazy, but I'm guessing left collarbone for TvR. The way he went into the boards (ducking down) looked to me like he caught his shoulder are on the edge of the dasher boards. He didn't scream in agony like Oshie, so maybe not.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Why does it matter? They disclose who is and isn’t playing the morning of the game except when the guy takes the warmup and makes a decision there. Whose business is it?

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
In regards to Ferland, I don't think "rehab" implies recovery from surgery.

Call me crazy, but I'm guessing left collarbone for TvR. The way he went into the boards (ducking down) looked to me like he caught his shoulder are on the edge of the dasher boards. He didn't scream in agony like Oshie, so maybe not.

Yeah he looked exactly like Oshie.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Never been much of a fan but he's been the Canes best defenseman in the playoffs. Granted, this may be a bit of a hot take since he didn't face the competition and didn't play the minutes of a Faulk, Slavin or Pesce...but still. He's been fantastic.

I always saw him as a 6th/7th defender and in that role I prefer more physical guys. However, he definitely won me over with a very good season and even better playoffs. Sucks to lose him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->