Proposal: TVR for Tyler Johnson

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Lightning didn’t make the playoffs two years ago, in large part because Johnson was injured for much of the end of the season. And while he wasn’t as good this past postseason as in previous ones (something that can be said of much of the team) he was still one of our top scorers at even strength and created more high danger scoring chances than anyone besides Point.
I also want to add that to say Kucherov carried him to that 72 point season is pretty damn idiotic. Johnson scored 7 more points than Kuch in 5 less games that season...

But I guess facts are useless when you got a nice story to tell.

Reactions: AndreRoy

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I also want to add that to say Kucherov carried him to that 72 point season is pretty damn idiotic. Johnson scored 7 more points than Kuch in 5 less games that season...

But I guess facts are useless when you got a nice story to tell.

Yeah, in the post I made, I let that part slide just because it wasn't needed to make the point. Johnson was the best player on that line that year. He's never really been the same since breaking his wrist, but he's still been money in the playoffs, one way or another, and he's still a 50 point versatile forward. I don't like when people pretend he has no value, or isn't worth his contract.

Reactions: mikeyp24

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
So you've proven he's injury prone. Congrats.

Meh, I'll give you that health is a concern, actually. I think he went he took precautions this past year to stay healthy, but that's my own subjective opinion, because he was more reckless in the playoffs than regular season.

That said, he's had two years with injuries, and one of those injuries stemmed from the previous playoffs, where he played at a level that had him our team's favorite for the Conn Smyth. So it's not like he's just missing massive chunks of every year.

Your arguments are basically "he's not a star player." Nobody's arguing he is. But it's the "above average" players who make 5m these days, and that's what Johnson's getting. At some point we might have to move that money out, but that time is not now.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Can we just do Ryan Murray for TJ? We have agreed on this trade like 3 seasons in a row. Ill do Savard if you need a right instead.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
LOL. Lighten up Francis, it was a joke (if you cared to read anything earlier in the thread).
I missed most of the early stuff but I was messing with you too I mean i came up with a separate meaning for TVR for petes sake haha. Sorry If it seemed hostile just teasing back buddy.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
To be completely honest Johnson is a defensive liability. Granted he doesn’t play easy minutes but it’s not like he’s playing tough ones either. And he’s so inconsistent offensively. When he’s not bringing offense which is over half the season, he’s useless.
Sounds like Bozak without faceoff wins.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Are we trading depth Dmen for Johnson?
Can Calgary be in on this?! Kulak for Johnson?!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->