Proposal: TVR for Tyler Johnson

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Clears a lot of cap space for Tampa and upgrades our RHD for when Stralman leaves next summer. Also gives us depth for the inevitability that an injury happens on defense. Also opens a top-9 spot for a guy like Alex Volkov or Mathieu Joseph if either of them is ready.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
No idea what either of those are tbh, back on topic pls

Please explain the point of the trade? Even if you think they're better it's marginal. We aren't sitting either one of them for someone who is marginally better. Then next year we have Foote or Cernak who will be better than TVR so he has no spot again. We basically are giving away Johnson for a 6/7 D.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Please explain the point of the trade? Even if you think they're better it's marginal. We aren't sitting either one of them for someone who is marginally better. Then next year we have Foote or Cernak who will be better than TVR so he has no spot again. We basically are giving away Johnson for a 6/7 D.
TVR is not a 6/7 D imo. He’s a #3 who has been improperly used. Then you factor in the cap implications... yeah.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
While I think this would be an interesting basis or starting point, Tyler Johnson first must waive to come to Carolina and secondly, the Canes would be adding a bit to this. Or maybe taking back some salary (Girardi?). In the end it doesn't make sense this season as I think the Bolts are really going for it and wouldn't want to sacrifice TJ's offense.

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
You know who isn't even a #3 anymore? Stralman and TVR isn't better than him or on his level. Your evaluation of defenseman is worse than mine.
Stralman is probably still a 2 tbh, hard to say though. Him and McDonagh both had down seasons but I think they can bounce back decently.

Now tell me you wouldn’t want to see this defense:

Hedman-TVR
McDonagh-Sergachev
Coburn-Stralman

Hell maybe even dress Girardi as the 7 since we know Jon loves that

VoluntaryDom

Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
To be completely honest Johnson is a defensive liability. Granted he doesn’t play easy minutes but it’s not like he’s playing tough ones either. And he’s so inconsistent offensively. When he’s not bringing offense which is over half the season, he’s useless.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Cernak is about as ready as he can be IF he comes to camp the way he ended last season. Foote needs another year in Syracuse but is a call up option. We still have Koekkoek holding the 7th spot. No need to give up Johnson to make this deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad