TVA: HF Hawks Edition

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Warning: Loki Spoilers

672vjkWpVKpeRoHiojZJJD.jpg

A lot has happened in the last 10 days. Seattle announces their expansion picks, the 2021 NHL entry draft, Stan going absolutely crazy on the trade front, free agent frenzy, etc etc.

I would say posters on this board go from being supremely upset to mildly upset about these moves the past week.

So! In the spirit of the offseason, please tell me what actions you would prune to preserve your "sacred timeline". Would you have traded for Jones? Drafted Nolan Allen? Signed Saad in free agency?

Suggested Response Structure

DayStan's MoveMy Alternative Move
Expansion DraftNo side dealSide deal to send Calvin de Haan to Seattle
Draft DayJones TradeKeep picks and draft Wallstedt or whoever Mark Kelley says
Free Agent FrenzySign McCabeSame. I like this signing
OtherTrade for MA FleuryI wouldn’t make this trade without knowing if Fleury would report
OtherTrade for Tyler JohnsonI actually like this trade. Johnson looked respectable in the playoffs and Seabrook's contract is gone for good.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Draft Day: keep picks and draft Cole Silinger/Fyodor Svechkov
Sign McCabe, sign Dougie Hamilton.
Do not trade for Fleury. Do not trade for Tyler Johnson.

Look to move on from Strome.

giza

Jul 19, 2011
I agree. I think our draft system's ability to call an audible/change course was exposed.......It's possible Nolan Allan could be a decent 2nd pairing D man down the line and it's quite possible he would not have been around with our 2nd (which might have been reserved for Colton Dach), but this was a reach any way you look at it.....there were safer picks (i.e. higher probability) at that spot-----I suppose they didn't know they were going to get Del Mastro in the 4th, but a reach is a reach.

Crow

May 19, 2014
Draft Day: keep picks and draft Cole Silinger/Fyodor Svechkov
Sign McCabe, sign Dougie Hamilton.
Do not trade for Fleury. Do not trade for Tyler Johnson.

Look to move on from Strome.
I like everything you said except Tyler Johnson. I like the extra pick and not having to worry about shuffling ltir money around.

I think Seth Jones is the better player all around but the cost is high. Not crazy about dougie’s defense.

Never liked fluery as a player but maybe I finally will.

Crow

May 19, 2014
One thing I find kind of funny is before we make a draft pick a lot of people here say things like ‘in kelley i trust’. Whoever he thinks is best.’

Then when we start making picks those people are writing ‘what the f*** bowman!! What are you thinking you stupid f***?!’

Ever think bowman may be taking some advice? For now I’ll wait and see on the picks.

Reactions: jls24

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
I agree. I think our draft system's ability to call an audible/change course was exposed.......It's possible Nolan Allan could be a decent 2nd pairing D man down the line and it's quite possible he would not have been around with our 2nd (which might have been reserved for Colton Dach), but this was a reach any way you look at it.....there were safer picks (i.e. higher probability) at that spot-----I suppose they didn't know they were going to get Del Mastro in the 4th, but a reach is a reach.

I don't know, it sure sounds like they really liked what they saw from him playing for Canada. It's so hard to judge young players because the sample size is so small this year and there's lots we don't know about what scouts hear about players. Do they work hard, are they coachable, have they been making improvements?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad