TV show Last man on earth predicted this virus happening this year

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just for fun I went back to watch this show (highly underrated). This show was about original one guy who was left on earth after a mysteries virus wiped out most of the population.

Guess what year it takes place in? 2020, not joking, the show is about a virus in 2020 that wiped out most of the earths' population.. the show aired in 2017

Reactions: Juniorhockeyguru

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012
Just for fun I went back to watch this show (highly underrated). This show was about original one guy who was left on earth after a mysteries virus wiped out most of the population.

Guess what year it takes place in? 2020, not joking, the show is about a virus in 2020 that wiped out most of the earths' population.. the show aired in 2017

Fantastic show. Gotta love Tandy.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It sounds like the show is based on the Vincent Price movie of the same name, which is an adaptation of the classic sci-fi novel I Am Legend. The movie was made in 1964 and takes place in 1968, a year or so after the virus pandemic. It sounds like this 2017 adaptation simply did the same thing and set itself a few years into the future (2020). In other words, there really wasn't any prediction, just a coincidentally timed adaptation (though there's been one every 10 years since the novel was written).

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

Obviously didn't predict THIS virus since THIS virus isn't as deadly. Predicted A virus, not THIS virus.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I loved this show. Although,from a prediction side,it was set in 2020,but the virus was around for a period before and had enough time to wipe everyone out.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

It's Covid 19 because it originated in 2019.

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Wait until you hear about the french-canadian TV show that aired this winter from Jan-March about a widespread coronavirus named ''cova'' that originated from bats, that attacks lungs and spreads everywhere like wildfire

That TV show literally started airing at the same time as the first report out of Wuhan started trickling in and the season finale aired around the same time as North America started the quarantine

How fricking random that they shot this within the past year and aired it... at the same time as the real coronavirus

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Wait until you hear about the french-canadian TV show that aired this winter from Jan-March about a widespread coronavirus named ''covid'' that originated from bats, that attacks lungs and spreads everywhere like wildfire

That TV show literally started airing at the same time as the first report out of Wuhan started trickling in and the season finale aired around the same time as North America started the quarantine

How fricking random that they shot this within the past year and aired it... at the same time as the real coronavirus

What's it called?

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

Is it a comedy?

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
well the media wants to petrify everyone out of their wits again. Guess their first wave wasn't enough? What's wrong, website hits and clicks falling off now? Round 2 incoming

Check out these headlines:

Global National: May 21, 2020 | Dire warning about 2nd COVID-19 wave in Canada
CMA issues stark warning on COVID-19: Canada not ready for second outbreak
Is Canada prepared for a second wave of COVID-19?

check out those words: "Stark"... "Dire"... "Warning"... oh the fear

oh well. just when I put my mask and gloves away in the closet - guess I better get em out because here we go again

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA

So the show is about a virus that is not the novel coronavirus...

Reactions: TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->