TV schedule of QF in Canada, no CZECH-SLOVAK game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz

CBC will show the SUI-SWE as the early game tomorrow (10:30am EST), and of course the CAN-RUS game at 2:30pm EST.

TSN will show the FIN-USA (starting 11:30am EST) game joined in progress after an 8am Curling game - fine, I can live with that...

But what might be the best game of the day, CZE-SVK (3:30pm EST start) will not be on Canadian TV at all!! Instead, TSN will bring us the first round of the WCG Accenture Match Play Championships.... :madfire:

Would not hockey fans be more interested in the last half of that game after the Canadian-Russian game is over? Not to mention the Czech and Slovak immigrants who are here? :rant:

In 2002, TSN played 3 of the QF games in their entirety (obviously CBC had the CAN-FIN game).

I'm hoping we could perhaps pressure TSN or CBC into picking up the Czech-Slovak game so we can watch it after the Canada game is done...

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
TSN isn't showing the Champions League, Barcelona/Chelsea game either, and already I am sensing there is an uproar about that. The game will air later on that night.

I'm disappointed we won't be able to see it, but I'm not surprised. Here in Edmonton, it seems like the CBC/TSN has been getting a lot of flak for showing too much hockey, rather than some of the other sports (I don't agree with it, since this country is all hockey!!!).

Jazz

Tricolore#20 said:
TSN isn't showing the Champions League, Barcelona/Chelsea game either, and already I am sensing there is an uproar about that. The game will air later on that night.

I'm disappointed we won't be able to see it, but I'm not surprised. Here in Edmonton, it seems like the CBC/TSN has been getting a lot of flak for showing too much hockey, rather than some of the other sports (I don't agree with it, since this country is all hockey!!!).
Hey bud!

What the hell? How can that be? I think some people just need a reason to complain... ;)

Seriously the whole point of CBC farming out some the games to TSN was to show other sports. What they did in SLC was perfect: The Canadian game on CBC, the rest on TSN, so CBC can show other stuff....

dylan

Nov 30, 2005
ontario
are you sure the cbc wont jump live into the slovak/czech game when the canada game is done?

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
FYI, it'll be on The USA Network here in the States. I don't know if that's available to you up in Canada (it'd make sense for it not to, for obvious reasons, haha), but it is an NBC station, so perhaps if you get NBC, you might get that, as well. At the very least, perhaps people with super mega satellite/cable packages might find that to be one of them :dunno:

Jazz

dylan said:
are you sure the cbc wont jump live into the slovak/czech game when the canada game is done?
They have not given any indication they will (they normally would). But again, I doubt it from the point of view that they will want to dissect the Canadian game....

Osprey said:
FYI, it'll be on The USA Network here in the States. I don't know if that's available to you up in Canada (it'd make sense for it not to, for obvious reasons, haha), but it is an NBC station, so perhaps if you get NBC, you might get that, as well. At the very least, perhaps people with super mega satellite/cable packages might find that to be one of them :dunno:
Nope, we only get "NBC" here.

gamera

Jan 3, 2006
Kovalchuk Army HQ
you can't pick up usa on any satellite packages? we used to get russian satellite tv back in the day....that was the old "big" dishes you had to point.

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Looks like NBC is showing all four games in the States, live and in their entirety, on two separate channels since they overlap. USA and MSNBC here. Nice. Programming the DVR now.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
Drake1588 said:
Looks like NBC is showing all four games in the States, live and in their entirety, on two separate channels since they overlap. USA and MSNBC here. Nice. Programming the DVR now.

where do you see which games will be on which channels at what times?
I want to program the DVRs too....thanks

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
CBC should show it if anything. You have to honor your contracts, and the Match play championship is one of the bigger events that isn't a major...can't fault TSN

LazRNN

Dec 17, 2003
Wow, here in the U.S. Universal HD is actually showing the Czech-Slovak game instead of the Russia-Canada game in high definition. A big, somewhat pleasant surprise. I imagine it'll piss some people off. I certainly wouldn't be complaining if they showed Russia-Canada but the Czech-Slovak game is more interesting on a lot of levels.

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
RDS will probably have it.

CBC and TSN didn't have the Sweden Slovakia game today but RDS did. :)

Big Mama*

If you get a cable package that includes MSNBC you will be able to watch the game. If not phone around to some bars to see if they have MSNBC

SammyTheBull

Dec 1, 2005
ice berg slim said:
CBC was supposed to show the Russia vs U.S.A game today also, but they figured people in Canada would rather watch figure skating. :shakehead

The feed was on TSN.

nneate

Jul 24, 2005
Canada
ice berg slim said:
CBC was supposed to show the Russia vs U.S.A game today also, but they figured people in Canada would rather watch figure skating. :shakehead

:madfire: Just getting off work, and I have found this out as well, good thing I recorded the game on CBC! :shakehead

The feed was on TSN.

It doesn't matter, CBC was supposed to show it as it was scheduled on their website for the past few days and even this morning, they decided to show Figure Skating instead.

Jazz

go kim johnsson 514 said:
CBC should show it if anything. You have to honor your contracts, and the Match play championship is one of the bigger events that isn't a major...can't fault TSN
No, there is no contract - TSN has just purchased the rights to broadcast it....whether they actually do is up to them.

Besides, this is only the first round of the tournament. There are weekly golf tournaments, the Olympics are only every 4 years.

nameht

Dec 3, 2005
Well I heard on CBC tonight...they will tune into the CZECH vs SLOVAK game in progress after canada game is done (and maybe during intermissions not sure on that)

Im happy...will be watching FIN vs USA...taping SUI vs SWE ...watch CAN vs RUS and end of CZE vs SLV

should be a fun day tommorow :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->