TV Schedule for 2007/08 Season??

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Does anyone know when it will be released. The main Schedule will be released on July 11th and it should take about a week for TV?

Anyone knows the real date or any past example....

Thanks.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
If I remember last summer, TSN released some of its dates shortly before the formal schedules were announced- like what their opening game would be and some big dates of scheduled matchups. Most of the complete tv dates may come a little later than the formal release- if I recall last year it was sometime later in the summer that Versus and the others had their complete tv listings.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
And national broadcast dates are known before regional dates.

IIRC it was early-mid September before my local team announced their TV schedule.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
Last year, TSN announced their NHL TV schedule on August 9.

Are you refering to the complete schedule- I think they released a sort of partial schedule when the official schedule was released- like what the opening game would be and other big matchups during the season. I would agree the complete schedule was a few weeks or so after the official schedules were released.

Trizent

Mar 4, 2005
Oil Country
Are you refering to the complete schedule- I think they released a sort of partial schedule when the official schedule was released- like what the opening game would be and other big matchups during the season. I would agree the complete schedule was a few weeks or so after the official schedules were released.

I have the press release from last year and it was August for TSN full sked release.

Some stuff does get leaked out before hand. Generally before VS, CBC, TSN, NBC release their official schedules, you can generally see what games will be on those networks just by looking at dates and start times.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
I have the press release from last year and it was August for TSN full sked release.

Some stuff does get leaked out before hand. Generally before VS, CBC, TSN, NBC release their official schedules, you can generally see what games will be on those networks just by looking at dates and start times.

What I thought- for the FULL schedule you have to wait a little while, but I remember TSN on their website talking about carrying the opening games and special dates for specific games when the schedule was released that they would carry.

puck57

Dec 21, 2004
When will we know about the outdoor game?

I don't think we are actually certain there will be one this season- there is a strong hint that there will be one- and of course if they schedule it on New Year's Day against college bowl games it will get fantastic ratings. I guess when the schedule comes out more will be said. I would assume they would have to have golden boy Mr. Crosby and the Pens in the game against who knows who.

nyrmetros

May 3, 2007
outdoor game in NYC? Shea or Yankee Stadium?

Rangers vs Isles, Flyers, or Bruins?

njdevsfn95

Help JJJ, Sprite.
Jul 30, 2006
as long as BOTH games at the O2 Arena in London (Ducks vs Kings) are on VS.

the games are already SOLD OUT

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
When will we know about the outdoor game?

Both Pittsburgh papers are reporting that the NHL schedule will include a Penguins/Sabres match-up on January 1, 2008. The game is slated for HSBC arena (for now). Both report that logistics for 'the Ralph' have yet to be finalized.

Every other rumor about the "Ice Bowl" though, is true. Date, participants, and NBC televising the game.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With their exclusive Mondays, plus opening night, much of VS' TV schedule will be rather predictable.

Holly Golightly

Aug 3, 2005
Denver, Colorado
THN Link

REPORTS: 2ND OUTDOOR GAME IN THE WORKS

According to separate reports, a second outdoor NHL game will take place this season.

The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review suggests the Penguins have agreed to be the visitors in the outdoor game, which will be broadcast on NBC (possibly marketed as “The Ice Bowl") and be held in either Buffalo or Detroit.

WGR 550 Radio in Buffalo is also reporting that the Sabres may take part in the game, held at Ralph Wilson Stadium on New Year’s Day.

An NHL source, who spoke with THN.com Tuesday morning, said an official announcement could be made within the next two weeks.

Globe & Mail Link

Get Ready For Heritage Classic 2

The National Hockey League plans to play host to another outdoor game on New Year's Day 2008. The host team has yet to be determined, but this time the game is not expected to be held in Canada. Detroit, Buffalo and Pittsburgh are three of the interested teams. The 2007-08 NHL schedule is not expected to be finalized until mid-July.

ESPN Link

NHL to Schedule Outdoor Game For 2007-08

According to league sources, the NHL is planning another outdoor game for the 2007-08 regular season. The date, site and clubs involved were not disclosed.

The sources did indicate the game will likely include at least one American-based team and it will be televised in the U.S. by NBC as part of its regular-season schedule.

The clubs and venue will be determined by stadium availability and logistics, as well as market size (for television purposes).

NHL spokesman Frank Brown had no comment

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Is VS going to do Sunday night games? I noticed the Flyers have a few games schedule for Sunday night in the spring - and in recent years that only happened when the game was on ESPN. Last year we only had 1 Sunday at home and it was the last one on NBC vs Buffalo (a 1pm game)

Stevedude530

Dec 21, 2005
Here's what a package of Sunday Games might look like:

Sept. 30
12:00 LA vs. ANA #1

Oct. 7
8:00 SJ vs. COL #2, #1

Oct. 14
8:00 DET vs. LA

Oct. 21
6:00 COL vs. MIN

Oct. 28
8:00 EDM vs. ANA

Nov. 4
7:00 OTT vs. BOS

Nov. 11
7:00 DET vs. CHI

Nov. 18
5:00 DET vs. CLB

Nov. 25
1:00 DAL vs. NYR

Dec. 2
5:00 ATL vs. NJ

Dec. 9
8:00 STL vs. COL

Dec. 16
5:00 PHI vs. NJ

Dec. 23
3:00 BOS vs. PTI

Dec. 30
7:00 LA vs. CHI

Jan. 6
2:00 BUF vs. ATL

Jan. 13
8:00 SJ vs. ANA

Jan. 20
5:00 Non-NBC Game (ANA vs. DAL or BOS vs. NYR)

Jan. 27
8:00 NHL All-Star Game

Feb. 3
2:00 NYR vs. MTL

Feb. 10
5:00 Non-NBC Game (PHI vs. PIT, NYR vs. WSH or ANA vs. DET)

Feb. 17
5:00 Non-NBC Game (COL vs. CHI, DET vs. DAL, PIT vs. BUF or SJ vs. NYR)

Feb. 24
3:00 SJ vs. PIT

Mar. 2
7:00 Non-NBC Game (DET vs. BUF, FLA vs. NYI, PHI vs. NYR or ATL vs. PIT)

Mar. 9
7:00 Non-NBC Game (BOS vs. NYR, PIT vs. WSH, NSH vs. DET or TB vs. CLB)

Mar. 16
7:00 Non-NBC Game (PHI vs. PIT, BOS vs. WSH, DET vs. CLB)

Mar. 23
7:00 NYI vs. PHI

Mar. 30
7:00 Non-NBC Game (BOS vs. BUF, NYR vs. PIT or NSH vs. DET)

Apr. 6
7:00 Non-NBC Game (MIN vs. COL, SJ vs. DAL, NYR vs. NJ, PIT vs. PHI, CHI vs. DET or STL vs. CLB)

Spydey629

Jan 28, 2005
Carlisle, PA
The funny thing is... my "theory" on getting the NHL back on ESPN uses a Sunday Night Hockey idea... every week of the season, on ESPN or ESPN2.

(Keeping VS and NBC along the way, mind you.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->