TV rights for Liiga

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
Now that TSN is losing their NHL rights I think Finnish hockey officials and owners should try promote the product to TSN to think about showing it in Canada. They could sell the idea as opportunity for NLNHl fans to see their teams drafted prospects play semi-regularly/regularly and also upcoming prospects, and with they knowledge the tsn guys have they could make very interesting to watch.

Of course there are constraints such as the demand for such a product/show and time difference but it's worth investigating.

Thoughts?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Now that TSN is losing their NHL rights I think Finnish hockey officials and owners should try promote the product to TSN to think about showing it in Canada. They could sell the idea as opportunity for NLNHl fans to see their teams drafted prospects play semi-regularly/regularly and also upcoming prospects, and with they knowledge the tsn guys have they could make very interesting to watch.

Of course there are constraints such as the demand for such a product/show and time difference but it's worth investigating.

Thoughts?

:biglaugh: :biglaugh: TSN isn't that desperate. Besides, it's not like there's much to see in 1üga for Canadians. It's more likely they'll put more effort to U-18 WJC and possibly the Ivan Hlinka tournament (even ahead of KHL).

Last edited:

vsk92

Alltid IFK
Mar 31, 2011
Scotland.
:biglaugh: :biglaugh: TSN isn't that desperate. Besides, it's not like there's much to see in 1üga. It's more likely they'll put more effort to U-18 WJC and possibly the Ivan Hlinka tournament (even ahead of KHL).

I don't mean have lots of games everyday, a couple a week and some highlights - something in those lines. As long as there are prospects, there are people who will want to be kept in the loop and there's no way better than seeing it yourself.

Or even just show games prior to WJC tournaments so people can see what qualities some possible tournaments players have.

It may not turn out to be a viable product but it won't harm anyone by investigating it something can be done. It's a very good opportunity to try something that could be very advantageous for Finnish hockey :nod:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I don't mean have lots of games everyday, a couple a week and some highlights - something in those lines. As long as there are prospects, there are people who will want to be kept in the loop and there's no way better than seeing it yourself.

Or even just show games prior to WJC tournaments so people can see what qualities some possible tournaments players have.

It may not turn out to be a viable product but it won't harm anyone by investigating it something can be done. It's a very good opportunity to try something that could be very advantageous for Finnish hockey :nod:

The games are on at really bad times for the NA audience, there's no big names plus prospect are only the interest of a small crowd. It's not a realistic thought.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
If this guy was GM of the league and made it happen, he could embarrass us. But now, I say, its funny to think that they would show Finnish league. I like your outside of the box thinking, though. Thinking about new possibilities when they appear! :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad