TV-Pucken 2019

Hoglunder

Jan 5, 2016
TV-Pucken 2019 is about to start. The qualification is next week (6-8 september).

What are your thoughts about this years tournament?
Which district has the biggest chance of winning and which players should we keep an eye on?

Feel free to share your thoughts!

Reactions: tealhockey

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Not Sthlm North Im afraid. Not even close to the classes of 2001 and 2003. But still - Sthlm North should be hard to beat and if they have a good weekend they should go far nevertheless. Tough Group (D) though. Uppland, a strong Östergötland, Skåne and Stockholm N fights for two spots. Sv.Ishockeyförbundet might have to consider their seedings!!!!!

Sthlm South, as always hard working and gritty. The team looks rather small however and perhaps they lack a no 1 scoring line. Group C looks weaker than Group D but I dont expect Sthlm S to follow Gbg to the quarters.

Uppland looks interesting especially the top 5-6 forwards. If defense hold up they could go far. But again, Group D is a mess.

Södermanland might have their best class in many many years. 2 really strong lines and then the dominant and very confident D Odelius that could log serious amount of TOI behind them. This could be the year when Södermanland reach the quarters. I havent seen Småland play though.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Göteborg should be strong this year too. Uppland as well. Northern districts don't look overly good.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Not Sthlm North Im afraid. Not even close to the classes of 2001 and 2003. But still - Sthlm North should be hard to beat and if they have a good weekend they should go far nevertheless. Tough Group (D) though. Uppland, a strong Östergötland, Skåne and Stockholm N fights for two spots. Sv.Ishockeyförbundet might have to consider their seedings!!!!!

Sthlm South, as always hard working and gritty. The team looks rather small however and perhaps they lack a no 1 scoring line. Group C looks weaker than Group D but I dont expect Sthlm S to follow Gbg to the quarters.

Uppland looks interesting especially the top 5-6 forwards. If defense hold up they could go far. But again, Group D is a mess.

Södermanland might have their best class in many many years. 2 really strong lines and then the dominant and very confident D Odelius that could log serious amount of TOI behind them. This could be the year when Södermanland reach the quarters. I havent seen Småland play though.

Sthlm South proved me wrong in Distriktslagscupen this weekend. They outplayed Södermanland and beat Sthlm N in a close game. Uppland impressed in most games. Sthlm North was 0-4 but the games were tight.

Hoglunder

Jan 5, 2016
Haven't seen a'lot of them yet but here are some interesting players to follow:

Forwards
Teodor Forssander
Otto Stahre
Noah Östlund
Tim Almgren
Linus Hemström
Filip Bystedt
Adrian Zetterberg

And then we have a 05 in Otto Stenberg who looks promising. Have heard good things about him.

Defensmen
Calle Odelius
Elias Salomonsson

Last edited:

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Östergötland have what should be one of their best teams ever. The 00 class probably had better depth and better top end skill, but this group should really be able to make an impression. Top end goalie Hugo Hävelid, his twin brother Mattias is an offensive d-man with great skating and vision, Filip Bystedt is an elite centerman with nice scoring touch who played a good part of last season in J18 Allsvenskan/Playoffs. Behind them there are a solid group of forwards and a bit weaker d-side.

I don't know much about the other teams in the group, but would be surprised if Östergötland is not playing a decisive game against Uppland in the last round for a playoff spot.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Talent seems very wide spread this year, especially compared to last year. Liked what I saw from Södermanland, Lekkerimäki and Östlund will cause a lot of trouble for any team. Their defense looks pretty good as well.

Yabob

Dec 12, 2006
Linköping
I don't know much about the other teams in the group, but would be surprised if Östergötland is not playing a decisive game against Uppland in the last round for a playoff spot.

Good prediction. Uppland won the game 2-1, but as it was in overtime and Östergötland went into the game with a perfect 4-0 record the 1p they got for taking it to overtime was enought to win the group.

BPilgrim

Dec 14, 2010
Good prediction. Uppland won the game 2-1, but as it was in overtime and Östergötland went into the game with a perfect 4-0 record the 1p they got for taking it to overtime was enought to win the group.

Yes, feel a bit sorry for Uppland, who made a very strong qualifying round and ended up just one point behind Stockholm Nord - who turned around a 1-0-deficit in the last period of the last game v Skåne, with the GWG just two minutes before the end.

Regarding Östergötland, I think they did quite good finishing first in that group, even though the performance varied quite a bit. Will of course be interesting to see what they can do in the playoffs. Haven't seen too many games in this years tournament, but the feeling is that there is no clear cut favourite.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
I agree about Uppland. Uppland is one of the top districts in the 04 class. Its a loss for the tournament to not have them in the quarters. Most likely they would have qualified from any other group than D.

Sthlm North did somewhat better than expected, but I still dont see them go all they way.

Big cudos to Södermanland to reach the quarters. I predicted that but I didnt really belived it myself. Cant even remember when they played the final 8

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Göteborg was a big disappointment. Defense was non-existent and few of their forwards could create any sort of offense. Would have liked to see Uppland make the quarters.

I liked the Södermanland trio (Odelius, Lekkerimäki and Östlund) and Hävelid from Östergötland. Any other players who impressed you?

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Göteborg was a big disappointment. Defense was non-existent and few of their forwards could create any sort of offense. Would have liked to see Uppland make the quarters.

I liked the Södermanland trio (Odelius, Lekkerimäki and Östlund) and Hävelid from Östergötland. Any other players who impressed you?

Aside from the stars in Jakob Norén and Helmer Styf, Nils Öberg has looked really good for Ångermanland. Their goalie Zebastian Fahlén is looking real solid aswell.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
Uppland top 6 forwards impressed me. Rosenfors, Almgren, Andersson & Krantz (esp.PP) et al. were brilliant at occasions

From a point perspective Sthlm and Täbys D-man Pantzare had a good weekend (6+4...of which 5 against Gotland). Whats the best point total for a D-man in TVP history?

That russian international that plays for Småland also controlls his shifts quite significant...Im not that fond of imports in TVP, but thats just me...

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Uppland top 6 forwards impressed me. Rosenfors, Almgren, Andersson & Krantz (esp.PP) et al. were brilliant at occasions

From a point perspective Sthlm and Täbys D-man Pantzare had a good weekend (6+4...of which 5 against Gotland). Whats the best point total for a D-man in TVP history?

That russian international that plays for Småland also controlls his shifts quite significant...Im not that fond of imports in TVP, but thats just me...

You mean Suzdalev? I believe he's lived most of his life in Sweden. Father moved here to play bandy for Vetlanda.

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
Which players in this year's TV-Pucken have famous dads (or brothers/sisters) besides the Hävelids and the above mentioned Russian/Swedish players?

luddf

Nov 5, 2013
Gävle
Which players in this year's TV-Pucken have famous dads (or brothers/sisters) besides the Hävelids and the above mentioned Russian/Swedish players?

In Gästrikland you have Linus Molin son of Ove Molin and brother to Emil Molin. Also Liam Pettersson who’s father is Mattias Pettersson a goalie that represented AIK and Brynäs, Mattias is equipment manager in Brynäs now.

Reactions: Predatore

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013
Helmer Styf is playing with an injured ankle. Hope it wont get worse..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad