TV-Pucken 2018 - Pre Talk

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
I think that Skåne has a better Team than Göteborg in the Group A.
Skåne have much more players, playing in the J18 Elit League compared to Göteborg.
Frölunda has no competition at all in the U16 Elit Södra League.
It could be the weakest U16 Elit League in Sweden.
How developing is it for the Frölunda Team (Göteborg) and players to win by 10-1 every second game?
I think that Skåne will beat Göteborg, and end up in at least a Bronze Game in TV-Pucken.
Gästrikland, Uppland, Stockholm Syd and Ångermanland is the biggest outsiders among mentioned favorite Teams.
The D Group in TV-Pucken will be a walk in the park for Västerbotten.
Ranking of the Teams is only depending on last years results.
That is the main reason, why some of the best TVP Teams never survive the Group Games.
Not good at all, I hope that SIF will do something about this in the future.
I am absolutely convinced that the TV-Pucken Tournament should be moved to the spring after U16 SM, so it won´t collide with the League season.
That would be the absolute best time to play this Tournament.

Good players are good players it seems, at least in Gothenburg...;-). Fascinating this mantra with kids playing J18 Elit underage. You don't automatically become a good player by just getting a roster spot..let's see if Gästrikland or Syd delivers, otherwise your predictions did not work out at all. Don't want to ciriticize, it's always easy with hindsight, but I am interested to know where you think your analysis went wrong?

I think Ångermanland has good potential if they can get the group together, without shining stars it maybe can be easier, everyone has to pitch in and work hard.

MODO won DIF Elitcup this autumn and that say something, from that team Helmer Styf (born 2004) will be missing, but instead all three captains (Hildebertzon, Näsström and Persson) together with Wikner and some other good players from Sollefteå and Kramfors comes in, deep looks pretty good.

Well, as you must have noted, none of the top-5 Region East U16 teams were invited to DIF Elitcup. Let's hope Ångermanland manages to avoid being relegated to qualification for next year.

MODO Hockey

Aug 21, 2015
Well, as you must have noted, none of the top-5 Region East U16 teams were invited to DIF Elitcup. Let's hope Ångermanland manages to avoid being relegated to qualification for next year.

Brynäs, Djurgården, Färjestad, Frölunda, HV71, Linköping, MODO and Örebro, that's pretty good teams, it's a top tournament.

Well, already happened, if u going through qualification I think it could be pretty good. Örebro Län, Västmanland, Dalarna and Medelpad have been better and tighter as a group with these games I am sure.

nynasstollen

Feb 23, 2018
I agree, but why do they use players from other districts. Do that happen often in TVP? I remember that Thilander played for Vbotten some five year ago and older brother Hasa (Gbg again) three years ago.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I agree, but why do they use players from other districts. Do that happen often in TVP? I remember that Thilander played for Vbotten some five year ago and older brother Hasa (Gbg again) three years ago.

They play where they played last year, so when Frölunda (or Skellefteå) sign a player and they move in U16 already instead of for gymnasium they can play for their 'new' district if the old district allows it.

Kalle Miketinac, Calle Clang, Carl Jakobsson, Albin Bardh are other recent examples I can think of.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Göteborg will surely win this. Predictions for the awards?

Best G - Marcus Brännman, Stockholm Nord
Best D - Simon Forsmark, Örebro
Best F - Fabian Lysell, Göteborg
MVP - Simon Robertsson, Västerbotten

Maybe one of the Göteborg defense will get best D but probably want to spread it out a little. Robertsson deserves some kind of award but think they have to give Best forward to Lysell.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Göteborg are running away with this

Seems like it. Only Sthlm Nord could put on a show. Let's hope the final is a close one, but I suspect it could be over already in the first period.

Mind my ignorance, but when did a bronze game end as lopsided as 40-12 in shots and 6-0? (The losing team had more pp's....)

03's looks like a weak vintage in terms of breadth, but with a very strong top-end. Similar to the the 00's?

Edit: 4-0 16 min first period. Done and dusted.

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Best G: No clue
Best D: Forsmark or Edvinsson (next game will decide)
Best F: Ludwig Persson
MVP: No clue (next game will decide)

IMO

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
I was thinking the opposite actually. No player has really wowed me this year, many good players though.

Of course tricky, young kids, but I feel most of the top-8 teams (excluding Sthlm Nord and Gbg) have strong 1st lines but then it falls off rather steeply. Similar to 00's, but very different from 02's where many teams were very strong even in 3rd line. Maybe the question is if this is more like 01, but I feel the top-end in 03 is stronger. 01 is the weakest vintage since 95 I guess.

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Can't remember a more dominant performance from start to finish than Göteborg in this tournament. Incredible! Great job by Göteborg and the coaches at their clubs to create this with a lot of fantastic players who seem to love to play for each other and make each other look good.

First All-Star team:
G - Marcus Brännman, Stockholm Nord
D - Simon Forsmark, Örebro
D - Simon Edvinsson, Göteborg
FW - Fabian Lysell, Göteborg
C - Oscar Jellvik, Stockholm Nord
FW - Ludvig Persson, Göteborg

Second All-Star team:
G - William Håkansson, Småland
D - Erik Fernhall, Göteborg
D - Oskar Asplund, Uppland
FW - Simon Robertsson, Västerbotten
C - Valdemar Johansson, Uppland
FW - Isak Rosén, Dalarna

Reactions: VictorLustig

HockeyOlle

Mar 12, 2018
Umeå
Can't remember a more dominant performance from start to finish than Göteborg in this tournament. Incredible! Great job by Göteborg and the coaches at their clubs to create this with a lot of fantastic players who seem to love to play for each other and make each other look good.

First All-Star team:
G - Marcus Brännman, Stockholm Nord
D - Simon Forsmark, Örebro
D - Simon Edvinsson, Göteborg
FW - Fabian Lysell, Göteborg
C - Oscar Jellvik, Stockholm Nord
FW - Ludvig Persson, Göteborg

Second All-Star team:
G - William Håkansson, Småland
D - Erik Fernhall, Göteborg
D - Oskar Asplund, Uppland
FW - Simon Robertsson, Västerbotten
C - Valdemar Johansson, Uppland
FW - Isak Rosén, Dalarna

Con gratulations Göteborg to a fantastic performance in TV-Pucken 2018.
What a skilled hockey they showed up and Göteborg was absolutely the best Team.

Notice: Last year Final Teams - Skåne and Ångermanland placed 14:th and 15:th.
Really disappointing results.
That shows how an age group can differ a lot in each District.

All Star Teams is always tricky, especially a 2nd Team:
In my opinion these players also was standing out from the crowd and made impression:

G: Viggo Andrén, Göteborg
G: Carl Lindbom, Stockholm Syd
G: Hugo Hävelid, Östergötland (born 04)
D: Filip Manischalchi, Göteborg
D: Anton Davidsson, Göteborg
D: Theo Angesved, Småland
D: Jonathan Myrenberg, Stockholm Nord
D: Samuel Eklund, Dalarna
C: Marcus Limpar Lantz, Stockholm Nord
C: Arvid Eljas, Dalarna
C: Filip Nyberg, Örebro
FW: Max Johansson, Västerbotten
FW: William Söderlund Bengtsson, Göteborg
FW: Noah Hasa, Göteborg
FW: Oliver Sjöström, Västerbotten
FW: Liam Dower Nilsson, Göteborg
FW: Lucas Forsell, Västmanland
FW: Storm Storjord, Västerbotten

It will be interesting to see how the first Swedish U16 National Team will look like.
I think it will be a Team with guys spread out from all regions for the politics.

HockeyOlle

Mar 12, 2018
Umeå
TV-Pucken Play Off is starting up within a week.
Looking forward to a great Tournament in Östergötland.

My reflections after been watching these Tournaments and League games Live this season:
U16 Norrcupen, TV-Pucken Kval Östersund, Distriktsturneringen Åkersberga-Sthlm and DIF U16 Elit Cup + a lot of Friendship Games, J18 Elit Norra and U16 Elit Norra League Games.

And after watching TV-Pucken Kval in Slite, Gotland and other District Tournaments and League Games at the streaming site: Svenskhockey.tv
I think these Teams are favorites in the Groups and will move ahead to the Quarterfinals.

Group A
Favorites:
1. Göteborg
2. Skåne

Comments: Many people talks about Group C, as the toughest Group.
This Group can even be tougher....
Skåne and Göteborg has great Teams and can go all the way.
Gästrikland and Dalarna has both really good skilled Teams.
Gästrikland = Brynäs IF U16 Elit Team, has done great results so far in the U16 League.

Group B
Favorites:
1. Ångermanland
2. Örebro

Comments: A really open group.
Värmland and Småland has always good Teams and will give Ångermanland and Örebro a tough
fight about the Quarter Final spots.
Ångermanland has played well in all Pre-Tournaments and looks strong as Team without shining stars.
Örebro, is a big and heavy Team and has showed good results so far.

Group C
Favorites:
1. Stockholm Nord
2. Uppland

Comments: A really tough and open Group.
Uppland and Sthlm Nord has the best Team Rosters in this Group player by player.
Stockholm Syd and Medelpad is both hard working Teams and will not be easy to beat.
Looking forward to watch the Game between Sthlm Nord vs. Sthlm Syd.
What a thriller....

Group D
Favorites:
1. Västerbotten
2. Östergötland

Comments: The weakest Group Team by Team.
I think that Västerbotten will win this Group easily with their speed.
Östergötland as Home Team will have a great support from the fans in the Arenas and has more quality players than Västmanland and Södermanland.
So they should together with Västerbotten advance to the Quarter Finals.

My Team Rankings:

++++
Göteborg (A Group)
Skåne (A Group)
Stockholm Nord (C Group)
Västerbotten (D Group)

+++
Gästrikland (A Group)
Dalarna (A Group)
Ångermanland (B Group)
Örebro (B Group)
Värmland (B Group)
Småland (B Group)
Stockholm Syd (C Group)
Uppland (C Group)
Medelpad (C Group)

++
Östergötland (D Group)
Västmanland (D Group)
Södermanland (D Group)

A lot of nerves and pressure will be on all Teams and players as always in TV-Pucken.
The Coaches/Teams/players that can handle this situation best, will have a great chance to win their games.
And the games is only played 2 x 20 min, so one mistake can be fatal for a game.
Some Teams will not manage to be favorites, and can´t handle this pressure.
Injuries and sickness on HQ players, also effects the level of the Teams.
So this ranking and reflections could be totally wrong after summarizing TV-Pucken 2018.

Anyway, I think that the Final will be played between Göteborg against Västerbotten.

Matte99

May 23, 2010
Stockholm
This year was the first in many that i felt unimpressed. It was just one good team. Oh well, hockey is becoming a small sport in Sweden.

HockeyOlle

Mar 12, 2018
Umeå
TV-Pucken Play Off is starting up within a week.
Looking forward to a great Tournament in Östergötland.

My reflections after been watching these Tournaments and League games Live this season:
U16 Norrcupen, TV-Pucken Kval Östersund, Distriktsturneringen Åkersberga-Sthlm and DIF U16 Elit Cup + a lot of Friendship Games, J18 Elit Norra and U16 Elit Norra League Games.

And after watching TV-Pucken Kval in Slite, Gotland and other District Tournaments and League Games at the streaming site: Svenskhockey.tv
I think these Teams are favorites in the Groups and will move ahead to the Quarterfinals.

Group A
Favorites:
1. Göteborg
2. Skåne

Comments: Many people talks about Group C, as the toughest Group.
This Group can even be tougher....
Skåne and Göteborg has great Teams and can go all the way.
Gästrikland and Dalarna has both really good skilled Teams.
Gästrikland = Brynäs IF U16 Elit Team, has done great results so far in the U16 League.

Group B
Favorites:
1. Ångermanland
2. Örebro

Comments: A really open group.
Värmland and Småland has always good Teams and will give Ångermanland and Örebro a tough
fight about the Quarter Final spots.
Ångermanland has played well in all Pre-Tournaments and looks strong as Team without shining stars.
Örebro, is a big and heavy Team and has showed good results so far.

Group C
Favorites:
1. Stockholm Nord
2. Uppland

Comments: A really tough and open Group.
Uppland and Sthlm Nord has the best Team Rosters in this Group player by player.
Stockholm Syd and Medelpad is both hard working Teams and will not be easy to beat.
Looking forward to watch the Game between Sthlm Nord vs. Sthlm Syd.
What a thriller....

Group D
Favorites:
1. Västerbotten
2. Östergötland

Comments: The weakest Group Team by Team.
I think that Västerbotten will win this Group easily with their speed.
Östergötland as Home Team will have a great support from the fans in the Arenas and has more quality players than Västmanland and Södermanland.
So they should together with Västerbotten advance to the Quarter Finals.

My Team Rankings:

++++
Göteborg (A Group)
Skåne (A Group)
Stockholm Nord (C Group)
Västerbotten (D Group)

+++
Gästrikland (A Group)
Dalarna (A Group)
Ångermanland (B Group)
Örebro (B Group)
Värmland (B Group)
Småland (B Group)
Stockholm Syd (C Group)
Uppland (C Group)
Medelpad (C Group)

++
Östergötland (D Group)
Västmanland (D Group)
Södermanland (D Group)

A lot of nerves and pressure will be on all Teams and players as always in TV-Pucken.
The Coaches/Teams/players that can handle this situation best, will have a great chance to win their games.
And the games is only played 2 x 20 min, so one mistake can be fatal for a game.
Some Teams will not manage to be favorites, and can´t handle this pressure.
Injuries and sickness on HQ players, also effects the level of the Teams.
So this ranking and reflections could be totally wrong after summarizing TV-Pucken 2018.

Anyway, I think that the Final will be played between Göteborg against Västerbotten.

Comments Team by Team after the Tournament:

Group A
1. Göteborg - 3 wins, 1 in Sudden Death. Showed up an impressing offensive Hockey in all 3 games.
2. Gästrikland - 2 wins. Impressive to win 2 Games after the big loss by 11-2 against Göteborg in the first game.
3. Dalarna - 1 win against Skåne in Penalty Shots. The only Team in the Tournament that won a point against Göteborg.
4. Skåne - Only 1 Point by one of the favorites is not ok. Really disappointing too see them play and how they played.

Group B
1. Örebro - Impressive play by the heavy Örebro Team. 3 wins. One win in Sudden Death against Ångermanland.
2. Småland - The Team showed up a good Team spirit. Lost only against Örebro.
3. Värmland - only 1 win in 3 tight games. Lost with only 1 goal in both games.
4. Ångermanland - Really disappointing results. Only 1 point in the first game against Örebro.

Group C
1. Stockholm Nord - 3 wins (1 by penalty shots against Syd) without showing any great Hockey except against Medelpad.
2. Stockholm Syd - 2 wins and lost by PS in the last game against Nord. Surprised everybody with a good spirit and hard working players.
3. Uppland - Should have won against Stockholm Nord in the first game. Lost against Syd and won by Penalty Shots against Ångermanland. Too many ups and downs.
4. Ångermanland - Really disappointing results. Only 1 point in the first game against Örebro.

Group D
1. Västerbotten - Won the Group without playing any great Hockey. The Team has more Quality to show up.
2. Västmanland - Big surprise qualifying to the Quarter Finals. Lost only against Västerbotten in Sudden Death.
3. Östergötland - Won only 1 game in 3 really tight games. Östergötland had a lot of spectators at all games with great support.
4. Södermanland - Lost 3 games and won only 1 point against Östergötland.

Quarter Finals
1. Göteborg - Västmanland 11-0 ! No more comments.
2. Stockholm Nord - Småland 2-0, Nord won the 1 st period and should have scored 2 or 3 more goals.
In the 2nd period Småland played really well and in the end of the game the Goalie Brännman won the game to Nord.
3. Örebro - Stockholm Syd 2-0, Örebro won a tight game by showing up a great defense.
4. Västerbotten - Gästrikland 5-3, Västerbotten won after a great 1st period. Gästrikland

Semi Finals
1. Göteborg - Stockholm Nord 2-1, a really tight and great Game.
Göteborgs offensive strength was better than Nords and that was the difference between the teams.
Also the speed of the FW in Göteborg against the big and slow Nord Defensemen.
Great goalies in both Teams.
2. Västerbotten - Örebro 2-1, a great first period by Västerbotten and a lead by 2-0.
Örebro was better in the second and gave Västerbotten a tough fight til the end.

The goalies played really well also in this game.

3rd Place Game

Stockholm Nord won easily against Örebro by 6-0.
The energy in the Örebro Team was not there and that was needed to give Nord a fight.

Final:
Göteborg - Västerbotten 5-0.
The game was tight the first 10 minutes and Västerbotten had a couple of chances to score.
Göteborg scored 5 times within 6 minutes and the game was over.
In the 2nd period Göteborg should have scored more goals.
The Göteborg Team showed up a much more skilled Hockey with more HQ players.
Impressive to see the speed of the puck and the Game Plan in all games.

5-6 place Game
Småland won easily by 4-1 against Stockholm Syd. They showed up a good hockey.

7-8 place Game
Västmanland won against Gästrikland by 6-3 in a game without energy.

9-12 place Games
Did not see any games.

13-16 place Games
Did not see the games, but last years final Teams finished on the 15th and 14th place.

Congratualtions to the Göteborg Team of winning TV-Pucken 2018.
By winning all games and only loose 1 point.
Glad to see that an offensive playing Team win by moving the puck so quickly.
Looking good for the future of Swedish Junior Hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad