TV-PUCKEN 2017 (pre-talk)

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
Rumor says Frolunda for Theo.

Remember though that the opposition in Norrcupen is mediocre at best. Medelpad, Jamtland and Norrbotten are very weak teams and Vasterbottens misses like five of their top players.

Scout99

Aug 21, 2017
Distriktslag cup 2017 Ã…kersberga

Final standings:

1. Uppland
2. Täby J18
3. Skåne
4. Stockholm Syd
5. Stockholm Nord
6. Vallentuna J18

Can Uppland be a dark horse in the tournament?

MODO Hockey

Aug 21, 2015
Final standings:

1. Uppland
2. Täby J18
3. Skåne
4. Stockholm Syd
5. Stockholm Nord
6. Vallentuna J18

Can Uppland be a dark horse in the tournament?

Well, Skåne won April Cupen (southern Sweden) and Stockholm Syd & Stockholm Nord are always good, so of course they can be..

Värmland and Gästrikland looks good in West, Ångermanland and Västerbotten in North.. Småland & Västergötland was 2nd and 3rd in April Cupen (South) behind Skåne, and Göteborg will definitely have a better team in TV-Pucken, playing at home too..

Everyone knows how much a very good goaltender means, so u have to count in Västmanland too, because of Jesper Wallstedt.. Beat Värmland (winners) in RM with 2-1..

Last edited:

MODO Hockey

Aug 21, 2015
Remember though that the opposition in Norrcupen is mediocre at best. Medelpad, Jamtland and Norrbotten are very weak teams and Vasterbottens misses like five of their top players.

Well, Norrbotten beat Västmanland (Wallstedt goalie) today with 2-1 sd.. Västmanland is not a top team, but they are not so bad either..

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
What's up with Hälsingland? They used to be a district that often got whipped by big numbers, and this year they are in the playoffs. Nice to see. Are they finally getting the kids to choose icehockey ahead of that awful sport called bandy? :)

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
Remember though that the real Tournament and the qualifier is two completely different tournaments.

The level goes up at least two three steps. Halsingland qualified for the main tournament last year also. They ended up with 3 losses and 1-17 in GD

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
Did anybody actually watch any of the games? I gave it a try to see Småland-Västergötland, but the stream was lagging too much. What players stood out? I'm obviously curious about Zion Nybeck whom put up a lot of points. But according to Eliteprospect.com he is really small and stocky, which doesn't look too positive from a draft perspective. Is he really just 170 cm?

Last edited:

MODO Hockey

Aug 21, 2015
Who are the top 03-born players in this tournament?

Anton Olsson (D), Skåne is pretty good, have mentioned that before in the thread..

Top-10 in points (U15) from the qualification:
Arvid Eljas (C), Dalarna 5p (4+1)
Liam Dower Nilsson (D), Västergötland 5p (3+2)
Viggo Olsson (RW), Småland 5p (2+3)
Theo Angesved (D), Småland 5p (0+5)
Martin Öhman (C), Dalarna 4p (1+3)
Simon Byström (C), Medelpad 3p (2+1)
Martin Strömberg (RW), Hälsingland 3p (2+1)
Julius Hoglert (C), Jämtland/H. 2p (1+1)
Noel Edfeldt (C), Medelpad 2p (1+1)
Isak Rosén (RW), Dalarna 2p (0+2)

Källa: Eliteprospects

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Did anybody actually watch any of the games? I gave it a try to see Småland-Västergötland, but the steam was lagging too much. What players stood out? I'm obviously curious about Zion Nybeck whom put up a lot of points. But according to Eliteprospect.com he is really small and stocky, which doesn't look to positive from a draft perspective. Is he really just 170 cm?

Didn't watch a lot, but I really liked Oscar Hagman from Västmanland. Good hustle, some nice hits and 8 goals. Noticed him all the time.

PostFriend

Nov 3, 2016
Well, Norrbotten beat Västmanland (Wallstedt goalie) today with 2-1 sd.. Västmanland is not a top team, but they are not so bad either..

...no, but good enough to win the qualification group in Piteå. They have a very strong first line and that can take them far...

MODO Hockey

Aug 21, 2015
...no, but good enough to win the qualification group in Piteå. They have a very strong first line and that can take them far...

I think their group with Gästrikland, Göteborg and Västerbotten is tough, right now i don't see Västmanland as the favourite against no one of these three teams..

But with Wallstedt as goaltender, no team can be secure, very important with a really good goalscorer in Hagman too..

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
Rumor says Frolunda for Theo.

Off topic but is this true? Would be a big blow from a Modo point of view. One of the best players in this age group.

MODO Hockey

Aug 21, 2015
Off topic but is this true? Would be a big blow from a Modo point of view. One of the best players in this age group.

I have no inside information about this, but why move when u don't even have to move out from the family house.. MODO is Swedish champions in both J20 and J18, so apparently he has a top class alternative in the hometown..

Well, if Theodor choose MODO he is very welcome, if not he will be missed, but u can't force people..

Last edited:

PuckPoise

May 25, 2011
I have no inside information about this, but why move when u don't even have to move out from the family house.. MODO is Swedish champions in both J20 and J18, so apparently he has a top class alternative in the hometown..

Well, if Theodor choose MODO he is very welcome, if not he will be missed, but u can't force people..

I agree.

Mrpm

Jan 4, 2013

Modo would have an amazing group of 02 players. Styf, Eriksén, Svedin, Lindewall and Niederbach are all players that should get a shot in Team 16 imo, and there is some other players from especially KB65 looking interesting aswell. I don't think he will stay though.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
KB65 U16 has beaten Frölunda, Skellefteå and now recently Modo. Pretty incredible for such a small organisation. Niederbach looks like a real gem, he's up there with Holtz and Raymond I think.

James Creighton

Oct 26, 2016
KB65 U16 has beaten Frölunda, Skellefteå and now recently Modo. Pretty incredible for such a small organisation. Niederbach looks like a real gem, he's up there with Holtz and Raymond I think.

Theo is good but you have to remember that KB65 a lot of the time plays with only 2 formations, sometimes 3 and they focus on displaying their players against all HG´s while for example Skelleftea, Modo, Lulea and Bjorkloven plays with 4 formations and focus on player education. The "bigger" teams also have their best players in J18 most of the time. I watched KB65 @ Modo and Modo was the better playing team through the whole game while KB took advantage of Modos misstakes.
When Bjorkloven played their J18 players born 02 against them KB65 had a really hard time against those players.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Theo is good but you have to remember that KB65 a lot of the time plays with only 2 formations, sometimes 3 and they focus on displaying their players against all HG´s while for example Skelleftea, Modo, Lulea and Bjorkloven plays with 4 formations and focus on player education. The "bigger" teams also have their best players in J18 most of the time. I watched KB65 @ Modo and Modo was the better playing team through the whole game while KB took advantage of Modos misstakes.
When Bjorkloven played their J18 players born 02 against them KB65 had a really hard time against those players.

Thought KB65 played very well against Björklöven, outshot them as well. Wasn't too impressed with Björklöven actually.

rickardr

Oct 10, 2016
Sweden
Rosters for the regional development camps (not talking about TV-pucken) this weekend, looks like some games will be streamed too:
http://www.swehockey.se/Nyheter/Nyh.../September2017/utvecklingscamperforu16ochu15/

So many interesting names in this class, should be a fun but tough task to select the first national team. Just curious, we know about some of the forwards and goalie, but is there any d-man standing out right now? Styf, Kumlin, Johannesson, Eriksén or someone else?

Really like what i've seen from Hugo Styf. Big body with good skating and also skilled with the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad