TV Network You Want The NHL To Be Shown On?

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Online exclusive direct purchase at a reasonable price.

You never said my want had to be financially viable :P

Mosby

<3 Uncle Gary
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Online exclusive direct purchase at a reasonable price.

I think this is the model you'll see eventually. Online and with TV (pay per view). We saw similar last year with the free streaming games on Twitter.

For now, give me NBC over ESPN2. Be the big fish on NBC rather than the neighbor to darts and horse racing on ESPN2.

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I don't really care about Coyotes being played nationally or not. I want the NHL to get better ratings, so that the next TV deal can be more money(unless that bubble has already burst - NBA/MLB/NFL contracts are outrageous). Coyotes aren't going to help assist that. In market we have Fox Sports Arizona, who hopefully will show every game? I know that's been a problem in the past.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I think NBC has done a good job. I like how they have hockey all afternoon on Sunday's after football is done. They do focus on the NE but whatever... In Canada I wish TSN still had national rights, their coverage is so much better. I'm pretty sure they also had more Coyotes games. I remember the Coyotes being featured on quite a few of their Wednesday games, including a couple against non-Canadian teams. Locally I think FSA does a good job. Walsh is annoying, but I do like McConnell on play by play, and I know Nash's color commentary isn't that liked around here but I do like his quirky calls. Gives the local broadcast a unique feel which I like. In the future, it would be amazing if they replaced Walsh with Doan. I think Doan doing interviews would be great, and post game with Doan and Nash would also be great. When they've been on camera together I've always enjoyed it.

More than anything I wish the streaming services they offer (Gamecentre, Center Ice) were better. It's very annoying when a Yotes road game in Dallas is blacked out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->