OT: TV & Movie Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Isn't it season 5 where they say to stop? Lol

I've heard 1-5 are great, 6 and 7 are decent/okay, and 8 is terrible

Season 4 is with John lithgow...I’ve blocked the memories of anything after season 4 so don’t even remember what season 5 was lol

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
My list:
Peaky Blinders: Just an excellent crime drama in the 1920's Birmingham. Loved it.
Mindhunters: Great crime drama about the first people who set up a psychological profiling division in the FBI.
Punisher: Not as good as I hoped, there are some milking episodes, the second season is a bit weaker. Still worthwile to watch.
Blade Runner 2049 (movie): Excellent movie. Enough said.
Final Kingdom: A saxon is adopted by invading vikings in the 800s in Britain. 2 seasons so far. I liked it alot.
Sherlock Holmes (with Cumberbatch, the British one): First three season were well worth watching. After that, meh.
The Vietnam War - A film by Ben Burnes and Lynn Novick: Huge documentary series that covers just about everything, from all aspects. All the dirt and lies are there. Very interesting to watch.
Don't mess with Zohan (Adam Sandler): It's so bad it becomes so good. Best watched when you're not sober.
Breaking Bad: On everyone's list.
Happy!: Also something you shouldn't watch sober. An alcoholic hitman who cannot seem to die gets connected with his missing daughter's spirit animal, a silly, blue unicorn donkey. Soo weird. Season 2 doesn't look that good though, but will still have to give it another chance.
Marco Polo: A guy from the trading hub of Venice ends up in Mongolia through the silk road, when the Golden Horde is growing. Worthwhile to watch, especially the guy that plays the Khan is so good.
Vikings: Very nicely put historical drama about Ragnar Lothbrock and his family. Quite fast paced. I stopped watching at the end of season 5 or so though.
Dredd: Many didn't like this movie. I have no idea why, I think it was a great, dark action drama.

Westerns:
3:10 to Yuma: Just loved it.
Godless: Really nice series.
The highwaymen: Two bounty hunters are after Bonnie and Clyde. I liked this movie.

Foreign (for you):
Arthdal Chronicles: Korean fantasy drama in a fictive world set into the bronze age. Very low fantasy, apart from humans who are extremely strong and fast. 18 episodes so far, I loved the story and it just gets better and better.
Kingdom: Again Korean. Combine a medieval world - with all the political drama - and zombies? Yes please. No shotguns and armored vehicles to save the day.

Animated:
One Punch Man - hilarious anime about the strongest man on the planet. But he's so depressed because everything becomes feels so meaningless. Into season 2.
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood - a remake of the original "Full Metal Alchemist". Excellent story, good story, well developed characters.
Final Space: Comedy sci fi. Either you will love it or hate it I guess.

That's what I could remember from the hip.

Deleted member 23124

Season 4 is with John lithgow...I’ve blocked the memories of anything after season 4 so don’t even remember what season 5 was lol
I still haven't gotten over Season 4....so much so, that I've had no inclination to continue watching....it just doesn't get any better than that. Lithgow is a master craftsman at everything he does....but he really outdid himself in this.

Reactions: Leetch3

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
I wasn't sure where to put this but it's an OFF TOPIC thread so I guess it fits....I keep getting notifications for someone uploading images. I do not want this. I went into notifications and I see everything but notifications for people uploading images. Does anyone have suggestions for stopping these? It's not a really big deal, but just annoying.

lemonybergamot

Jun 2, 2018
New York City
Just saw Joker. Loved it. Incredible score that just amplified the intensity and creepiness of the movie. I was uncomfortable the whole time, thinking when is this guy going to finally lose it. Is it true Marvel/whoever wanted to push RDJ for best acting Oscar? Cuz there's zero way anyone can convince me that RDJ/Iron Man/Avengers movies deserve any critical award... This movie otoh, didn't even feel like it's based on a comic imo. My favorite scenes were when he went on the talk show. Joaquin Phoenix is an amazing actor and awesome name too.

Also just saw Rocketman. Only knew like 1-2 songs of Elton John's and that he is gay. Not much else about his life story. Very bittersweet to have that incredible amount of fame and fortune, but so many temptations that come with all that. The guy Richard Madden portrays is a real enabling piece of work.

Last edited:

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Introducing the younger kids to the Harry Potter movies.

Actually looking forward to a couple movies heading to Netflix: Dolemite Is My Name, and The Irishman.

Reactions: SA16

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Yup. Survivor fan myself...

Introducing the younger kids to the Harry Potter movies.

Actually looking forward to a couple movies heading to Netflix: Dolemite Is My Name, and The Irishman.

When the kids were in the elementary we started a family night watching the Amazing Race. Plenty of seasons out there.
Recently we started to also watch Survivor with pauses to explain social situations and how to apply these to understand acceptable / not acceptable social behavior in real life.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
When the kids were in the elementary we started a family night watching the Amazing Race. Plenty of seasons out there.
Recently we started to also watch Survivor with pauses to explain social situations and how to apply these to understand acceptable / not acceptable social behavior in real life.

Phew, power to you.

There’s a heck of a lot to unwrap there.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Phew, power to you.

There’s a heck of a lot to unwrap there.

Yup, obviously we don't go into details on the power struggles but social behavior that gets someone voted off (for being annoying, selfish, lazy, childish etc) - yeah, we talk about it.

Reactions: Edge
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad