OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Just fyi though, you've gotta be patient..if you gotta see the movie right away the library ain't for you. Typically if I request a super popular movie like say avengers endgame a few days after it's released.. it'll take a few months before I get it. So I tend to request a lot of movies and make sure they're staggered so I get 1 or 2 a week.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Watched the Dracula thing on Netflix. Only 3 episodes. First two were good. Last one not so much and actually managed to ruin the first two.

Tackling Witcher

Reactions: Crease

Deleted member 23124

Watched the Dracula thing on Netflix. Only 3 episodes. First two were good. Last one not so much and actually managed to ruin the first two.

Tackling Witcher
I agree about Dracula...started out so well...thought ending was a cop-out.

Same feeling about Witcher....I've started it 3 times and haven't gotten past the 2nd episode.

Deleted member 23124

Am actually on episode 3. From what I hear it is one of those hump shows that you need to get through the first 3 or 4 episodes.
I'll give it another try eventually....I'm having the same problem with another show that was highly recommended here -- Dark.

Deleted member 23124

Did not see it. But will recommend Peaky to anyone.

Also, Viking and Last Kingdom.
Vikings is excellent....haven't gotten to Kingdom. The only reason I want get to Peaky is Tom Hardy.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Vikings is excellent....haven't gotten to Kingdom. The only reason I want get to Peaky is Tom Hardy.
Kingdom is great. And now you can go through the first four season in a binge.

Peaky has a lot of good characters. But Tom Hardy as Alfie Solomon......best......tv......character.......ever

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I’ve been watching through the final season of the Clone Wars, the last arc (episodes 9-11) is phenomenal

Like some of my favorite Star Wars stuff in some time

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
I’ve been watching through the final season of the Clone Wars, the last arc (episodes 9-11) is phenomenal

Like some of my favorite Star Wars stuff in some time

The middle episodes with the two sisters was pretty uneventful but man, these last few have been amazing. Can’t wait to see how they finish it.

Reactions: Say Hey Kid

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I'll give it another try eventually....I'm having the same problem with another show that was highly recommended here -- Dark.

Re. Dark - you're either fan or not. It's confusing as hell because of the heavily "tangled" relationships between characters, their ancestors and descendants over 7 decades. Personally, I liked season 1 more than season 2.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Peaky was great. Years ago initially I stopped about 4-5 episodes and then restarted this winter and was unable to put it down until I finished all 5 seasons. Very good TV.

Kupo

MAFIA, MOUNT UP!
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Stamford CT
Not sure why but I watching Lost again...

Halfway through season 1. Show started off brilliantly but then turned into complete horse shit...

Kinda like Heroes..

I should probably quit while I’m ahead and save myself the inevitable disappointment.

Reactions: ponzu4u

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Not sure why but I watching Lost again...

Halfway through season 1. Show started off brilliantly but then turned into complete horse shit...

Kinda like Heroes..

I should probably quit while I’m ahead and save myself the inevitable disappointment.

IMO, first season of Hero's was very well put together. Second season wasn't bad but then afterwards it started to go nowhere.

Hannibal was another one on a similar trajectory. I'm sure there are a lot more that started really promising but then just "wilted".

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
IMO, first season of Hero's was very well put together. Second season wasn't bad but then afterwards it started to go nowhere.

Hannibal was another one on a similar trajectory. I'm sure there are a lot more that started really promising but then just "wilted".

Heroes season 1 was sensational. So was Lost. Both kinda popped their powder and never came close to their initial seasons.

I also really liked Stargate Universe as it reminded me of "realistic" Sci Fi a la Battlestar Galactica.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Hopefully it's nothing like the original movie. Good lord.

The mini series was actually pretty good if anyone besides me caught that.
First half of the Lynch film was alright. Second half....woof with an extra side of crap

The mini series was tight though. The one for Dune Messiah/Children of Dune was better, IMO. I keep forgetting that it's a young James McAvoy playing Leto II

Reactions: TheBloodyNine

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Heroes season 1 was sensational. So was Lost. Both kinda popped their powder and never came close to their initial seasons.

I also really liked Stargate Universe as it reminded me of "realistic" Sci Fi a la Battlestar Galactica.

I actually liked Season 2 maybe that's just because I'm a big Kristen Bell fan and she had a role quite unusual from ones she plays.

The moment to me that show ended was when the Petrelli father crushed Hiro and left him on the building. I immediately quit.

I dig like Santiago Cabrera from Heroes on Star Trek: Picard, one of the better characters.

I used to watch all those CW shows like Flash/Arrow/Supergirl/Legends when I was working 15 min from home and a grad student but I've essentially outgrown them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad