OT: TV & Movie Thread: Part II

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Hope everybody drops what they are doing and prepares b/c the Kong vs Godzilla trailer begins a 12 noon.

Bigger moment than the return of Halley’s comet

Last edited:
Reactions: will1066

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Wanted to give props to last year’s miniseries Little Fires Everywhere on Hulu. Plenty of nominations and awards that were well deserved.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I've started Bridgerton. Peer pressure from the female co-workers.

And what do you think of Bridgerton? I've heard good things.

I'm in the middle of season 4 of Mad Men a show by the way now I see why it got all the hype...fantastic. But once I finish it, I'll be looking for another one. Bridgerton could be as good as any of the others.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
And what do you think of Bridgerton? I've heard good things.

I'm in the middle of season 4 of Mad Men a show by the way now I see why it got all the hype...fantastic. But once I finish it, I'll be looking for another one. Bridgerton could be as good as any of the others.
It's good, but it's a short series. Easy to digest.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I only watch it in Italian. Hate watching dubbed shows. HBO Max only has seasons 1 & 2 on their app, so that’s all I’ve been able to watch so far. Season 3 comes out on 1/21. Not sure about season 4 yet. You’ve seen all 4?

Gomorrah Season 3 is on!!!!,

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Rewatched American Gods as I’d previously watched half way through S2. Fully enjoying it, better the second time actually. Doesn’t hurt that I’m a sucker for mythology and Norse in particular.

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
For the documentary aficionados, Netflix will have a doc on the Elisa Lam death at the Cecil Hotel. Search for this if you're unfamiliar. Truly chilling.

Deleted member 23124

Is it me or did Your Honor actually get more ludicrous?

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Couple of updates since last time I posted:

Finished Mad Men and it was as good as advertised. It's now firmly in my top 5-6 shows of all time along with not necessarily in this order, Game of Thrones, Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. Despite the ending, I still can't stand Donald Draper....what a total piss ant and bad human being. Anyways, glad I finally binged it.

Just saw the latest episode of Your Honor and it might have been the worst episode yet. The show started with alot of promise for me but has turned into a major disappointment. The kid Adam I still want to go thru the TV screen and punch him out he's such a dweeb. Him dating the sister of the kid he killed...really? Ridiculous.

Brian Cranston I can't get past the fact he sounds like Walter White and does shit that Walter White does. I pretty much can't wait for the show too end.

My girlfriend suggested I watch Outlander. I watched first two episodes and it looks promising.

I also checked out "Industry" saw the first episode. I dunno not sure I'm going to go there.

Reactions: leetch99

Deleted member 23124

Couple of updates since last time I posted:

Finished Mad Men and it was as good as advertised. It's now firmly in my top 5-6 shows of all time along with not necessarily in this order, Game of Thrones, Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. Despite the ending, I still can't stand Donald Draper....what a total piss ant and bad human being. Anyways, glad I finally binged it.

Just saw the latest episode of Your Honor and it might have been the worst episode yet. The show started with alot of promise for me but has turned into a major disappointment. The kid Adam I still want to go thru the TV screen and punch him out he's such a dweeb. Him dating the sister of the kid he killed...really? Ridiculous.

Brian Cranston I can't get past the fact he sounds like Walter White and does shit that Walter White does. I pretty much can't wait for the show too end.

My girlfriend suggested I watch Outlander. I watched first two episodes and it looks promising.

I also checked out "Industry" saw the first episode. I dunno not sure I'm going to go there.
I watched one episode of "Industry" and that was enough.

Reactions: Maximus

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
In my opinion American Gods is really good if you can binge it. When it first came out I was watching episode by episode and it lost steam, but now that they’re in season 3 and I went back and started at the beginning I love it. Hate waiting for the next episode now.

I like weird and esoteric stuff. And Norse gods. It’s becoming a top show for me. Peaky Blinders is probably my favorite.

Reactions: Miamipuck

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Quit "Industry" after the first or second episode. I'm well aware that I'm not a part of the young adult demography this show is aimed at.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Quit "Industry" after the first or second episode. I'm well aware that I'm not a part of the young adult demography this show is aimed at.

Yeah agreed. Unless we are 20-30 years old, we are definitley not in the demographic that Industry is trying to attract.

Had to at least check it out as it had some pretty glowing reviews. I saw what I needed to see. I think I'll just continue with what I started with "Outlander".

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
Me and my girl just started watching Your Honor (saw two episodes last night), and it's so anxiety-driven. I promised her I won't binge/watch without her, but boy is it tempting lool.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
Me and my girl just started watching Your Honor (saw two episodes last night), and it's so anxiety-driven. I promised her I won't binge/watch without her, but boy is it tempting lool.

As I said if you might have read my comments I composed earlier this afternoon. Your Honor starts off just fine. It's after that when I started to have issues with it. Now maybe you'll see it differently. I mean it's worth the watch it's just that it had potential to be really special and IMO it failed at that.

But yeah watch it with your girl and let me know what you think of it.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
As I said if you might have read my comments I composed earlier this afternoon. Your Honor starts off just fine. It's after that when I started to have issues with it. Now maybe you'll see it differently. I mean it's worth the watch it's just that it had potential to be really special and IMO it failed at that.

But yeah watch it with your girl and let me know what you think of it.

I didn't read for fear of spoilers, lol. If no spoilers, I'll go read them.

Do you forsee a 2nd season? I think it's supposed to be a one and done show.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA

You know what...don't read it seeing tho not overt spoilers, there is some commentary that you might want to find out for yourself.

As far as a 2nd season, I doubt it very highly. I do think this is one and done!

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

Just have to say that so far my take on the show episode by episode has been somewhat different from other posters. Your description "anxiety-driven" is pretty apt because my wife and I did feel this heighted tension in a lot of scenes (and therefore liked episodes overall) while other posters just weren't affected the same way.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
In my opinion American Gods is really good if you can binge it. When it first came out I was watching episode by episode and it lost steam, but now that they’re in season 3 and I went back and started at the beginning I love it. Hate waiting for the next episode now.

I like weird and esoteric stuff. And Norse gods. It’s becoming a top show for me. Peaky Blinders is probably my favorite.

Love Peaking Blinders.

Liked both seasons of American Gods to look forward to watching season 3. Definitely different vibe from pretty much all of other shows out there right now.

Reactions: LokiDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad