OT: TV and Movie Suggestions for the Self Isolated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
I stumbled across "Queens Gambit" (first season released on Netflix a few weeks back). As a chess player 50-60 years ago, I watched the first episode and then told my wife she should watch it. She had never played and had no interest in the game, but after she had caught up, we binged until it was finished. Wonderful series. Each episode stands on its own, yet all linked. Can hardly wait for Season 2. Highly recommended.

Thanks for this thread, and thanks to all who have contributed.
I don't think there's going to be a season 2 of this. It was a "limited series" - but it was so successful they might try it.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I stumbled across "Queens Gambit" (first season released on Netflix a few weeks back). As a chess player 50-60 years ago, I watched the first episode and then told my wife she should watch it. She had never played and had no interest in the game, but after she had caught up, we binged until it was finished. Wonderful series. Each episode stands on its own, yet all linked. Can hardly wait for Season 2. Highly recommended.

Thanks for this thread, and thanks to all who have contributed.

We are also watching the Queen’s Gambit, and it is excellent!

Another thumbs up for the Queen's Gambit. Top notch show.

Yea just finished episode 1 and count me in the fan club. So far it’s really interesting.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don't think there's going to be a season 2 of this. It was a "limited series" - but it was so successful they might try it.

It was an amazing season I just don’t know where they go from here. Really well written with all the backstory elements.

Reactions: Arthur Fonzarelli

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
The Dolly Parton documentary on Netflix is a good watch, for any Country and Bluegrass fans.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
Was recommend by a friend to watch "Raised by Wolves"

I did. Not saying good or bad.... just... out there.

I liked it. It was uneven. As the season went on, it started to cross my personal line between SF and fantasy, but I'm still looking forward to seeing where it goes next season.

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018
The only problem is apparently this is the last season. Not sure why they would do that when the author is still writing books?

Season 5 that will start shortly is the penultimate. Amazon has given them a season 6 to wrap things up neatly with a bow. I can't complain. Amazon gave them 3 more seasons after SyFy dumped the show.

Who knows, maybe Amazon wants to spend the production money on resurrecting Homeland. Or The Americans. Heh, I can dream.

RabidOne

Drinking all the beers
Apr 15, 2014
Kelowna
Season 5 that will start shortly is the penultimate. Amazon has given them a season 6 to wrap things up neatly with a bow. I can't complain. Amazon gave them 3 more seasons after SyFy dumped the show.

Who knows, maybe Amazon wants to spend the production money on resurrecting Homeland. Or The Americans. Heh, I can dream.
Or maybe one or more of the cast have a better offer?

nhlpro

Nov 12, 2015
Peg City
Big mouth season 4 just released!!
DM8cd_sUEAA1O3R.jpg

Reactions: The Fist

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
I've been binge watching "Орел и Решка" or "heads or tails. Its a travelling show really popular in Ukraine and Russia. 2 people flip a coin upon arriving to a city. The winner gets the gold card, unlimited spending, the other must make do with $100 US dollars for 2 days. Pretty interesting. I'll post some examples below. Oh and you can put on auto translation if you don't speak russian.
Montreal

Peru

Washington

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->