Tuuks or Holders for Bigger guys

MeltingPlastic

Jul 1, 2010
Outside Philly
So I've been skating on my skates for about a year now. They are custom Bauer Flexlite 4.0 Pros that i had to get due to having ankle surgery. Last night at my game i went to cut real hard and i felt my right skate buckle in. Skated the rest of the shift gingerly and got to the bench to check it out. Turns out the Tuuk bent in and there's now a crease and you can tell the rear is not straight. I can physically bend it with my hands if i wanted to never mind my 285lb frame. What have any of you bigger guys used that play? I know when i had CCMs before i broke my ankle that i had to put TUUKs on it because the I kept bending the CCM holders. Now that I've bent a TUUk like i did i'm a bit nervous. Note that i broke my left ankle and prob favor my right side subconsciously due to that and hence the more pressure on that holder. They are Tuuk lightspeed 2s. Maybe a different model Tuuk would be better?

thedonger

Mar 4, 2007
So I've been skating on my skates for about a year now. They are custom Bauer Flexlite 4.0 Pros that i had to get due to having ankle surgery. Last night at my game i went to cut real hard and i felt my right skate buckle in. Skated the rest of the shift gingerly and got to the bench to check it out. Turns out the Tuuk bent in and there's now a crease and you can tell the rear is not straight. I can physically bend it with my hands if i wanted to never mind my 285lb frame. What have any of you bigger guys used that play? I know when i had CCMs before i broke my ankle that i had to put TUUKs on it because the I kept bending the CCM holders. Now that I've bent a TUUk like i did i'm a bit nervous. Note that i broke my left ankle and prob favor my right side subconsciously due to that and hence the more pressure on that holder. They are Tuuk lightspeed 2s. Maybe a different model Tuuk would be better?

i think ls2's are some of the stiffer holders out there. the only other current tuuk model i know of that's available is the custom + which is actually a bit flexier than the ls2. i think the epro is a tad softer than the ls2 as well, i may be wrong though.

the only current model holders out there i know of that are stiffer than the ls2 are graf's cobra nt5000 holders. good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->