Tuukka robs Iafallo with an old school sliding kick save

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
The laughable thing is that it could have been a simple blocker save. But hey, deserves its own thread.

Dude your goalie is the king of these type of saves

Somehow by trying to shit on a guy who’s name you can’t even spell right you’re just shitting on your franchise goalie

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
are you attacking Tuukka record because you don't thing he was good goalie in 2011 or is it because your still upset over the results of the Bruins Vs LA kings last night??
I’m attacking the notion that he was in goal for the Bruins Cup run. Do I care that LA added another loss in the tank column? Take a guess.

Is it worth caring that much about and discussing any further? Probably not.

Here’s hoping he makes more saves like that against Toronto in the playoffs.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Not a goalie guru but having watched the replay a couple times, it looks like he reacted pretty late to the pass from Kempe so he really couldn't fully square up to Iafallo 100% and decided a padstack might be the better decision.

Sure, you could say just read and react to the play better and get over sooner but it was a good adjustment.
That's the thing. These "great" saves that are a result of a mistake aren't IMO so great. If a goalie reacted better, got there in time, made an effortless save that was far less risky and had less of a margin for error and was just straight up superior in every way, no one would make a thread because it's not a flashy circus trick.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
That's the thing. These "great" saves that are a result of a mistake aren't IMO so great. If a goalie reacted better, got there in time, made an effortless save that was far less risky and had less of a margin for error and was just straight up superior in every way, no one would make a thread because it's not a flashy circus trick.

I'm not sure how much of a 'mistake' this was though by Rask. McAvoy did not defend the 2-on-1 well at all (didn't take away either the pass or the shot) and Bruins had 3 backcheckers none of whom could get back into the passing lane.

Even then, goalies will be out of position at times and maybe put another goalie in Rask's shoes there and he slides over and makes an easier save. Or maybe he read and reacts the same way Rask did and doesn't have the mind or athleticism to stack the pads and make the save like Rask and it leads to a goal.

Anyway, this is extreme overanalysis at this point so I digress....I didn't mind seeing the save get some praise.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
It's not necessarily a mistake. Perhaps his blade didn't get grip, perhaps he didn't see the pass, perhaps he thought it would be a shot. Goalies go down on their knees everytime they hear a puck leaving the blade if they don't see it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->