Player Discussion Tuukka Rask - VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
No one is forgetting anything. He's paid like and is one of the best goalies in the league. Sometimes your goalie needs to steal a game even if your team isnt playing well. Just because his team cant score, doesnt let him off the hook
Of course it doesn’t let him off the hook, he should never allow a goal, that his job, why he isn’t out there trying to make up for the lack of scoring is beyond me. LMFAO

Reactions: hrdpuk

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
No one is forgetting anything. He's paid like and is one of the best goalies in the league. Sometimes your goalie needs to steal a game even if your team isnt playing well. Just because his team cant score, doesnt let him off the hook

This tired argument again? "Tuukka doesn't steal games..."

He stole half the damn playoffs in 2019

Five for Hooking

Oct 6, 2020
We had the one brief sort of shining moment when Dafoe was solid. What was that, two seasons about? Other than that, until Thomas/Rask it was a giant shit sandwich that we had to eat every season. I would prefer not to go back there ever again.
Yeah man. Dafoe was ok for a bit. But other than that it was ryiabchikov and the gang. The lock nets monster. Hahahah

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
My Rask comment 3 weeks ago ‘he is more likely to sign a 2 year extension then get traded’ has made my top 100 (Slotted 87) greatest quotes/comments/predictions since I joined HF in 1998

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Some people only see big games as elimination games. He really never gets enough credit when the Bruins sweep a team or win in 6 or less games.
He has had more than enough chances with the best team in the league to win a cup, but has failed to do so. He deserves criticism for that. With the team in front of him In 2013 and 2019, a clutch goalie has two rings on his finger, not zilch. That is the argument. He’s a good goalie, but not at the level it takes to win a championship.

arider1990

Dec 9, 2018
He has had more than enough chances with the best team in the league to win a cup, but has failed to do so. He deserves criticism for that. With the team in front of him In 2013 and 2019, a clutch goalie has two rings on his finger, not zilch. That is the argument. He’s a good goalie, but not at the level it takes to win a championship.
You do realize he had 1 game in the 2019 postseason that he posted a save percentage under .900. I mean he gave up 8 goals in the first 3 losses and 5 in the wins including giving up 1 goal and having a .966 save percentage in game 6 that was a must win.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Skelen

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
You do realize he had 1 game in the 2019 postseason that he posted a save percentage under .900. I mean he gave up 8 goals in the first 3 losses and 5 in the wins including giving up 1 goal and having a .966 save percentage in game 6 that was a must win.
Was that by chance game 7 of the Stanley cup finals? If so I rest my case. If not, I concede.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
This tired argument again? "Tuukka doesn't steal games..."

He stole half the damn playoffs in 2019
Thats great, but when you come up short, everything before that becomes irrelevant. He can steal every game up until game 7 of the scf, but if he craps the bed in that game, then thats all the matters and what will be remebered.

Tuukka legacy is that of a great goalie that couldnt break through.

Reactions: BBruins and fin8

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
So why is he a choker, but Bergy/Chara/Krejci/Marchand are not? They all had the same amount of chances to win, but its only on him to take it to the next level?

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
So why is he a choker, but Bergy/Chara/Krejci/Marchand are not? They all had the same amount of chances to win, but its only on him to take it to the next level?

If line 1 did a single god damn thing 5 on 5 against the blues they probably win the series. But no let’s blame the guy who stood on his head to get them there and also played well overall in the cup finals

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
By point %, the 2012-13 Pittsburgh Penguins were the 3rd best team in the last 10 years, and Tuukka basically swept them by himself. I would have hoped that no one would second-guess his playoff ability after that... Or maybe the fact that the two times he's led them to the Stanley Cup Final he was the best goalie in the playoffs.

I'll admit that his Game 7 performances have left something to be desired, but the Game 7s that they lose generally aren't due to giving up too many goals. It's that they can't score themselves. I'll always say that you can't blame the goalie if you don't score more than 2 goals. A goalie standing on his head is not a winning strategy.

Last edited:

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Because the aforementioned all where an intricate part of winning a cup. The top line also took a ton of heat last year in the SCF and deservedly so

Reactions: finchster

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Because the aforementioned all where an intricate part of winning a cup. The top line also took a ton of heat last year in the SCF and deservedly so

Okay, but where are all the people calling Brad and Pasta chokers and saying that we should trade them off because we will never win anything with them on a top line?

Reactions: hrdpuk

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Unless we magically win the cup this season, I see Tuukka having the Lundqvist-esque mentality. He was elite for many years, but didn't end up finishing it off in the end.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Crazy talk about Tuuk choking .
Some people seem to have a distorted sense of goaltending
Tuuk is one the very best goalies Bruins have ever had and and one of the best in the nhl .
If you expect him to win every game 7 then score more 5 on 5

Reactions: Dr Hook

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Fun fact that no one ever considers, is that Thomas didn't really do anything in the 2011 finals. Not to say he wasn't good in the series against Vancouver, but he didn't need to be. In the games he stood on his head Bruins lost by one goal. In every other game the Bruins destroyed the Canucks, winning by 4+ goals. It was arguably the most one sided 7 game series ever. Thomas deserved his Conn Smythe for getting the Bruins there and his teammates rewarded him by finishing the job. Rask gave them the same chance twice, but the team around him wasn't up to the task.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Will the Bruins resign Rask after the season?

They damn sure better. There are some intriguing and talented young goalies in the system- Vladar, Swayman, Keyser- but not one of them do I want to see starting next year and there is not another goalie that could be had by the Bruins that is as good as Tuuka. The man is elite, whatever some here say (and it isn't just me, listen to Andrew Raycroft on the recent webcast with Billy Jaffe). I know you weren't ragging on Rask here, but I do not see a better option than to resign him for 2-3 years at good money, and the team should be happy to do it.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If line 1 did a single god damn thing 5 on 5 against the blues they probably win the series. But no let’s blame the guy who stood on his head to get them there and also played well overall in the cup finals
While I agree with this, the entire first line was dinged up pretty badly at the time.

Reactions: CDJ

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
excuses...

ROR had broken ribs the entire series yet still put up 9 points in The Finals. Including 5 goals/7 points in games 4-7 alone.
Not saying some can't still do well, Bergy had the same thing in 2013, but every injury is different as well. If your entire top line is hurt, well that will make it harder to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad