Player Discussion Tuukka Rask VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I was lurking on the Flames board yesterday and someone said something along the lines of "trying to get a rid of Rask is a yearly October tradition for Bruins fans." Couldnt be more accurate.

He does this every stinking year. He blows in October, doesnt let anything in from ~November to February and comes back down from March to April to even out around .915.

Is that ideal for a 7 million dollar goalie? No. But you know what I take that every day of the week over the goalie gongshow in Philly/Carolina/Calgary Winnipeg before Hellyebuck THE ISLANDERS W/ HALAK last year. We are spoiled rotten here with goalies. There is so little to complain about that people dissect every goal he's let on back to 2013.

He deserves criticism when he plays bad and he gets it. If Sweeney figures out a way to trade him with a dependable, affordable replacement I'm all for it. But getting rid of one of the better goalies in the league in favor of Halak and God knows who is not an answer.

No doubt, I wonder how many of the "Trade Rask" crew remember the goaltending graveyard that was the Bruins crease from 1993-94 until Thomas and Rask arrived back in 2006ish.

We've been blessed with a legitimate No.1 goaltender here for more than a decade now. Something not many teams can say they've had.

Reactions: Chief Nine

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
No doubt, I wonder how many of the "Trade Rask" crew remember the goaltending graveyard that was the Bruins crease from 1993-94 until Thomas and Rask arrived back in 2006ish.

We've been blessed with a legitimate No.1 goaltender here for more than a decade now. Something not many teams can say they've had.

While I basically agree, I do think team makeup and system mean a lot for goalies. Those Bruins teams for the most part just weren't great. Dafoe was probably the best of them, and I think Rask is better. Also, if you substitute "goaltender x" for Rask on the Bruins teams from 2014 on are the results all that much different?

his avg regular season since he took the job over is 62gp, 34 wins, .919 sv and 2.35gaa

Last edited:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
While I basically agree, I do think team makeup and system mean a lot for goalies. Those Bruins teams for the most part just weren't great. Dafoe was probably the best of them, and I think Rask is better. Also, if you substitute "goaltender x" for Rask on the Bruins teams from 2014 on are the results all that much different?

Certainly has a great impact. Dafoe for me was a product of a very good defensive style under Burns until the team tuned him out. He hung on for awhile after Burns was gone but was mostly living on his rep by that point and was never a great goaltender, but easily the best of the bunch during that dark era of Bruins goaltending.

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
Does it really matter what any of us think? This is a coach and management decision.
Follow their words and follow the money.

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
BTW, I know it’s still early but how many Rask saves highlight videos have you’ve seen lately? You know, pad stacking, stick lurching, spread eagle glove saves?

I’m sure we’ll soon see’em soon. But, it might be on another team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
BTW, I know it’s still early but how many Rask saves highlight videos have you’ve seen lately? You know, pad stacking, stick lurching, spread eagle glove saves?

I’m sure we’ll soon see’em soon. But, it might be on another team.
I put a reminder of this thread on my April 8 calendar date so I can ridicule you when it never happens from April 9th on if you haven’t been outed yet

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
"How many empty seats at the Garden because of Rask????"
giphy.gif

Reactions: DKH and Chief Nine

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
I still say it's ludicrous to link moving Rask with what you claim are this abundance of empty seats.
I never said “abundance “ please don’t put words in my mouth. Just count them when you watch a few game and then you tell me what you think the issue is. Remember, the Bruins have one of the highest ticket prices in the league.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
I never said “abundance “ please don’t put words in my mouth. Just count them when you watch a few game and then you tell me what you think the issue is. Remember, the Bruins have one of the highest ticket prices in the league.
You implied Rask was going to be moved because seats were empty. I maintain that's a ludicrous assertion.

Reactions: Pia8988

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
They could always just get Khudobin back and grab a couple other decent back ups and just do a 4 goalie rotation. Like maybe Reimer and Hutchinson?

That was we wouldn't have to sit through another year of Rask having a few bad games every once in a while.

Thoughts?

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
"How many empty seats at the Garden because of Rask????"
giphy.gif

So far this year this is the impact of Rask and fanny's in the seats.

NHL Attendance Report - 2018-19

TEAMGMSTOTALAVGPCT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Boston587,82517,565100.0
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
2018-2019 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN

I may look young but this is my 35th year as a season ticket holder and I know low attendance and soft sales and this premise is GARBAGE

Tickets are sold at the box office, to season ticket holder, and to big resellers like Ace Ticket and StubHub. If all four bought up every ticket available and only half shown up to the event it still will show up as sold out. I think your gif is an excellent self portrait.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Tickets are sold at the box office, to season ticket holder, and to big resellers like Ace Ticket and StubHub. If all four bought up every ticket available and only half shown up to the event it still will show up as sold out. I think your gif is an excellent self portrait.
So now, since you have no reasonable rebuttal to a valid argument, you resort to personal attacks? Classy.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Lot's of empty seats at the last revs game....including the ENTIRE upper level.

Thanks rask!

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
I put a reminder of this thread on my April 8 calendar date so I can ridicule you when it never happens from April 9th on if you haven’t been outed yet

1, Why would that be important?

2, Why would you want to respond with "ridicule."

3, What make you think I give a rats-ass about being "outed" for whatever that means to the and fragile personalities on this message board.

4, Why do many here feel the need to be right about everything and others that argue a different point the enemy?

Awful clannish and tribal if you ask me. Not a good atmosphere for sharpening the mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brent Hughes

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
So now, since you have no reasonable rebuttal to a valid argument, you resort to personal attacks? Classy.

How strange you can filter the content so efficiently so as to include your own bias and spin, and yet be totally wrong. If you referring to the gif I folded back at him let us be reminded it was he that posted it. I just wanted him to take advantage of his own insight to its full extent. The post you quote of mine is chocked filled with valid arguments you just choose to ignore. That's not my fault.

Reactions: Brent Hughes
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->