Player Discussion Tuukka Rask VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Still one of my favorite memes I've made. It's a few years old, but the overall joke still holds true

Attachments

• IMG_20190406_210515.jpg
    IMG_20190406_210515.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 154

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
It would be a lie to say I’m not concerned about his play as of late but I am. I hate the way people get on Tuukka, especially the media but how can they not after this recent stretch?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
It would be a lie to say I’m not concerned about his play as of late but I am. I hate the way people get on Tuukka, especially the media but how can they not after this recent stretch?

The team as a whole was hit and miss the last 10 games. If he goes into Game 1 and gives up 2-3 easy ones and give up 4-5...then I'll be concerned.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
def start rask. but if he lets up 5 in game 1. i go with halak game 2.

I think this is the interesting take worth debating. Is one bad game in game 1 enough to warrant going to Halak? Would Rask's confidence be damaged then? Does coach give him 2 bad games?

And obviously if it goes the other way and he blanks Toronto, then we're all fist pumping. But we've got a week to talk hockey now with no hockey to watch. It's interesting to ponder the different outcomes and what Cassidy might do in them.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I think this is the interesting take worth debating. Is one bad game in game 1 enough to warrant going to Halak? Would Rask's confidence be damaged then? Does coach give him 2 bad games?

And obviously if it goes the other way and he blanks Toronto, then we're all fist pumping. But we've got a week to talk hockey now with no hockey to watch. It's interesting to ponder the different outcomes and what Cassidy might do in them.
just going on quotes by cassidy he will not be afraid to go with halak in game 2. only think he does that if we lose game 1 though. and only if tuukka lwts up a bunch like today.

Reactions: rocketdan9

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Easily the weirdest year of his career. Started and ended absolutely awfully but was dominant in the middle. Let's hope that he gets back on track for the playoffs and that the light workload of 45 starts helped keep him fresh.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
just going on quotes by cassidy he will not be afraid to go with halak in game 2. only think he does that if we lose game 1 though. and only if tuukka lwts up a bunch like today.

I feel the same way. I get the impression Cassidy isn't enamored with Tuukka to the point of simply making him The Man for the playoffs. If Butch thinks Tuukka is off his game at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Halak.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
They’ll go with Rask but Cassidy continued to play Halak every other game this season, even when Rask went on a tear. Seems to me he thinks a lot of Halak. If Rask has a poor game 1 or isn’t playing to his potential during their home games I don’t think he’s hesitate to give Halak the next game.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I feel the same way. I get the impression Cassidy isn't enamored with Tuukka to the point of simply making him The Man for the playoffs. If Butch thinks Tuukka is off his game at all, I wouldn't be surprised to see him go to Halak.

Good observations IMO. None of the brass really seem overly in love with him but he’s the best they got right now.

Reactions: rfournier103

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
You can definitely make an argument for that being his best game ever

Game 4 against Pittsburgh stands out to me, but this was a game 7 so it probably is his best. Huge monkey off his back at least as far as his detractors are concerned

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
The second period tonight was one of the most lopsided of the series. Boston kept shooting themselves in the foot while Toronto was throwing everything they could at the Bs. If Rask was just merely "good" in the first couple periods the Bs would have been entering the third down a minimum of two goals, but Tuukka was incredible and stole both those periods for the Bs, then held strong in the third. Very appreciative of him during this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad