Player Discussion Tuukka Rask VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
I think there more going on behind the scenes with management. They have a lot of expensive players not performing to their salary levels, which, has been going on for a few years. I believe patience has become razor thin upstairs.
Rask maybe the person they make an example of to send a “message.” Vlad played well enough to be a serviceable backup. Change is in the wind.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
I think there more going on behind the scenes with management. They have a lot of expensive players not performing to their salary levels, which, has been going on for a few years. I believe patience has become razor thin upstairs.
Rask maybe the person they make an example of to send a “message.”
Vlad played well enough to be a serviceable backup. Change is in the wind.
Curious what you are basing this on other than your trick knee.

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
Let’s cut to the chase: To management it’s all about tickets sales. They, like every other business, employ sales analytics. They track resales prices of tickets sold on EBay, Ace Tickest, Stub hub, and count empty seats.
A rivalry like Boston and Montreal should have had rising resale prices not falling ones. If these high demand sales are getting soft how do you think lesser opponents ticket prices fair? I check prices myself now and again and even I an amateur at analytics have noticed softness is prices.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Let’s cut to the chase: To management it’s all about tickets sales. They, like every other business, employ sales analytics. They track resales prices of tickets sold on EBay, Ace Tickest, Stub hub, and count empty seats.
A rivalry like Boston and Montreal should have had rising resale prices not falling ones. If these high demand sales are getting soft how do you think lesser opponents ticket prices fair? I check prices myself now and again and even I an amateur at analytics have noticed softness is prices.

October games are always the best bargains of the entire season. Having said that, this season has actually seen significantly higher secondary market prices than previous ones. I don't know what you are talking about.

I also find it more than a tad dishonest to cite a game that was played at the same time the Sox were playing in the world series in your "analysis".

Reactions: Glove Malfunction

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

There was a World Series game that night next to a natural disaster I can't think of any outside cause that would hurt attendance as much.

I don't see any games on the schedule where I can get a ticket to get in the door for less than STH price. The resale prices look high to me. I'm sure every STH can break even overall or turn a small profit if that is their objective.

But I get great value out of my $20 a month AMC pass I go to the movies more now. Miss the season tickets but my 270 pair I could swing for regular season games was 500 in the second round and 650 in the ECFs and 800 in the Finals. Who can afford to attend non finals games for 650 on a median salary if they win you have to pay for finals tickets to boot and I truly don't like having a second job as a ticket scalper. Not to mention I don't think there is any worse feeling in the world than having Bruins tickets that haven't sold the day of the game and no plans to go so you have to beg someone last minute it honestly sucks. So much money, so much hassle, so little return these guys haven't given a shit about winning in the playoffs since 2013. I don't think anyone wants to work into May/June anymore to be brutally honest. Look at last years finals it was the 2 teams who wanted it most Washington after their annual let downs and a team where literally every player had been 'traded' or deemed worthless by their prior team in the previous 12 months. Bruins are full of guys on NMCs who still think 2011 happened recently. I've never seen a team milk a title for as long as we have.

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
Ok, World Series, October moon, whatever floats your boat. In the future keep an eye out and count the empty seats. A seat that isn’t resold is effectively priced at zero. That season ticket holder or resellers got zip $ and zip cents.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Quote the post you don’t understand and I’ll walk you through it word by word.
Don’t cherry pick that would only make your question more about trolling and not a discussion.
Quote the one? Ok, all of them.

You have no base on what you are stating on management or how they are handling issues and just got blown away with simple fact and logic about tickets. Which I am still wondering how in your world thought it relevant to this thread.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Ok, World Series, October moon, whatever floats your boat. In the future keep an eye out and count the empty seats. A seat that isn’t resold is effectively priced at zero. That season ticket holder or resellers got zip $ and zip cents.
You strike me as someone who can't accept the flaw in your analysis and who will hold onto flawed beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
Quote the one? Ok, all of them.

You have no base on what you are stating on management or how they are handling issues and just got blown away with simple fact and logic about tickets. Which I am still wondering how in your world thought it relevant to this thread.

Your a troll. You don’t own this board. If you don’t like what I say, if you disagree, then make your case. Then, move on.
I not only quoted the Bruins coach, which is the on the record, I have even offered a way to prove it using your own eyes.
Fact is you think your going to bully me, and , that’s not going to happen.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
I was lurking on the Flames board yesterday and someone said something along the lines of "trying to get a rid of Rask is a yearly October tradition for Bruins fans." Couldnt be more accurate.

He does this every stinking year. He blows in October, doesnt let anything in from ~November to February and comes back down from March to April to even out around .915.

Is that ideal for a 7 million dollar goalie? No. But you know what I take that every day of the week over the goalie gongshow in Philly/Carolina/Calgary Winnipeg before Hellyebuck THE ISLANDERS W/ HALAK last year. We are spoiled rotten here with goalies. There is so little to complain about that people dissect every goal he's let on back to 2013.

He deserves criticism when he plays bad and he gets it. If Sweeney figures out a way to trade him with a dependable, affordable replacement I'm all for it. But getting rid of one of the better goalies in the league in favor of Halak and God knows who is not an answer.

Reactions: Pia8988

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Your a troll. You don’t own this board. If you don’t like what I say, if you disagree, then make your case. Then, move on.
I not only quoted the Bruins coach, which is the on the record, I have even offered a way to prove it using your own eyes.
Fact is you think your going to bully me, and , that’s not going to happen.
Good-Fellas-Hilarious.jpg

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
You strike me as someone who can't accept the flaw in your analysis and who will hold onto flawed beliefs in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Hey, I never said my analysis was flawless. Don’t put words in my mouth? Just try what I suggested. Count empty seats if you don’t want to track prices.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Hey, I never said my analysis was flawless. Don’t put words in my mouth? Just try what I suggested. Count empty seats if you don’t want to track prices.
I didn't put any words in your mouth. You were given extremely valid reasons why demand would be soft for the specific game your mention (MTL up agains the Sox in the WS), and you dismissed it out of hand.

And if you're trying to link empty seats to Rask in way shape or form, I'm going to just laugh.

Reactions: Chief Nine

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Rask maybe the person they make an example of to send a “message.” Vlad played well enough to be a serviceable backup. Change is in the wind.
Makes sense I can Sweeney and Cassidy sending this floundering lifeless group a message.

Tuukka perfect sacrificial lamb

You bring up Vladar and if Halak goes down you ride Vladar who is tearing up the AHL.

Perfect career gamble for Donny and Butch

I studied Czech history and language as an elective while attending Humboldt University in Germany.

Vladar in Czech means ‘ruler’

I can see him ruling the NHL and leading us to the Cup

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Crash Bandicoot

Feb 25, 2016
I didn't put any words in your mouth. You were given extremely valid reasons why demand would be soft for the specific game your mention (MTL up agains the Sox in the WS), and you dismissed it out of hand.

And if you're trying to link empty seats to Rask in way shape or form, I'm going to just laugh.
My point from the beginning is Rask is going to get moved based on comments made by Cassidy and what I have noticed about empty seats and soft resales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad