Tuukka Rask sets all-time record for most wins by Leafs draft pick

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
...and you're refuting it because you believe the opposite holds true...

You are correct, I don't think Andersen is better than Tuukka. They can be on the same level though. And Tuukka has accomplished a whole lot more than Andersen has in their careers.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'd definitely take Andersen over Rask. He has a history of choking as well but it's not as extensive. He's also a workhorse that is more consistent year to year. Rask had a good run this year after getting significant rest in the regular season. Not every team has the advantage of comfortably putting their back-up in for 40 games.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I'll be so happy once that gremlin looking mother f***er retires and we can move on.

HolyCrap

Oct 2, 2015
tenor.gif

This is hilarious. And literally the perfect gif for us leafs fans. Ugh.

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
All you can do is compare how they've performed and what they can control, wins/losses are just an aside. Bruins were down 4-1 against the Leafs in the 3rd period in 2013 in an elimination game, and Rask got a win for that game.

You literally referenced specific save percentages in elimination games and I've more than backed up my argument against that. Not sure what you're flipping to now.

i'm not flipping to anything i'm just saying it's an overall meaningless stat. Sure saying Roy probably had a poor save percentage was dumb on my part and you proved me wrong. In many of those games though that Roy lost obviously he had very very poor save percentages in some of those games, it doesn't make him a bad goalie and it likely had more to do with his team being outmatched and outplayed rather than Roy losing those games for his team. Same goes for Rask. Boston is a force to be reckoned with year in year out come playoff time and Rask has backstopped them in many of those years. Nitpicking a save percentage stat in elimination games to disparage him is wrong. It's just as dumb to claim Rask would have found the same success that he has had if he had remained a leaf because obviously his stats would suffer behind a weaker team.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
i'm not flipping to anything i'm just saying it's an overall meaningless stat. Sure saying Roy probably had a poor save percentage was dumb on my part and you proved me wrong. In many of those games though that Roy lost obviously he had very very poor save percentages in some of those games, it doesn't make him a bad goalie and it likely had more to do with his team being outmatched and outplayed rather than Roy losing those games for his team. Same goes for Rask. Boston is a force to be reckoned with year in year out come playoff time and Rask has backstopped them in many of those years. Nitpicking a save percentage stat in elimination games to disparage him is wrong. It's just as dumb to claim Rask would have found the same success that he has had if he had remained a leaf because obviously his stats would suffer behind a weaker team.
He consistently falls apart in drastic ways in big playoff games. There is such a well documented history of it going back to the 3-0 collapse against Philly, it's not like other goalies. He's been put in a lot of those situations (credit to him for getting them there a lot of the time in playoffs, he had great overall runs in 2013 and 2019), but it only makes it that much more apparent when the collapse inevitably comes.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Ironic because if he was a Leaf his whole career, he most likely doesn't reach this mark now. Congrats to Tuukka. Never wanted to see him traded but JFJ was truly a special guy :sarcasm:

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I thought they weren't the best because of overtime and shootouts.

Basketball is ok, but I think watching Tampa win the stanley cup in game 7 at home was better. Plus, we got to keep lecavalier and St. Louis :naughty:

But they didn’t have HD back then! ;) We now have your relative “Spicy P” as the next big thing.

Good luck tonight, sorta. Both squads on a 2 game losing streak and a division matchup. Should be an intense game!

Reactions: Master P

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
He consistently chokes in elimination games.

As has already been proven, unless you only consider elimination games as games in which the Bruins can be eliminated, not games where the Bruins can eliminate the other team.

Which makes no sense whatsoever.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
6-6 in elimination games isn't so bad. Roy was 12-12. lot's of good goalies with poor stats in elimination games, lots of bad goalies with good numbers in elimination games. it's a meaningless stat. Basically the games you win you'll have great stats because your team probably played well and the games you lost you'll have bad stats because your team played poorly.

I wouldn’t bother with him. He’s already stated that games in which a team can’t be eliminated don’t matter to him. Aka a goalie who in theory wins every series in just 4-5 games isn’t clutch because his team wasn’t on the brink of elimination

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
As has already been proven, unless you only consider elimination games as games in which the Bruins can be eliminated, not games where the Bruins can eliminate the other team.

Which makes no sense whatsoever.
It's any do or die situation for Rask, it's pretty simple. Games he needs to play well in for the Bruins to ultimately succeed.

This thread was literally just created to troll Leafs fans. Don't see any issue in giving something back.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
It's any do or die situation for Rask, it's pretty simple. Games he needs to play well in for the Bruins to ultimately succeed.

This thread was literally just created to troll Leafs fans. Don't see any issue in giving something back.

So Rask gets literally 0 credit for not allowing his team to be on the brink of elimination? VERY interesting logic.

You do realize that if Marchand and the rest of the Bruins remembered how to play hockey in game 7 that he was the run away Conn Smythe winner, right?

Reactions: Goldmember

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
So Rask gets literally 0 credit for not allowing his team to be on the brink of elimination? VERY interesting logic.
I never said that, I'm saying he ultimately collapses every time in dramatic fashion. I'm not sugar coating anything or leaving anything out, the guy has one of the best playoff save % of all time, yet has worse numbers than more or less everyone when he absolutely needs to step up.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
I never said that, I'm saying he ultimately collapses every time in dramatic fashion. I'm not sugar coating anything or leaving anything out, the guy has one of the best playoff save % of all time, yet has worse numbers than more or less everyone when he absolutely needs to step up.

And until you can analyze each goal scored against him in these games. That means nothing.

As already stated, the Bruins don’t even reach the SCF without his amazing play, and he was one game away from winning a Conn smythe.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
And until you can analyze each goal scored against him in these games. That means nothing.

As already stated, the Bruins don’t even reach the SCF without his amazing play, and he was one game away from winning a Conn smythe.
Until he got absolutely embarrassed by a rookie in the biggest game of the year. He's incapable of getting the job done. The guy was in the zone for literally every game of the playoffs until he shit his pants in Game 7 of the Cup Final. So many chances to step up since that horror show in 2010 and he's never been able to do it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->