Boston Bruins Tuukka Rask 500th game ceremony 1/16/20

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Tim Thomas was 1 year older than Rask when he got this start with the Bruins. Nuts. Hope Rask has another contract in him after this one and get him to 750!

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
EOhIz75WkAAEEdR

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
A few thoughts.

What do you get a guy who has everything? He's already won at life -- pretty wife, he's rich, famous and young. Kudos to him while most of the rest of us can only dream.

3mfv7m.gif

Second, Rask does need something after all, it turns out -- a new antiperspirant:

3mfqi0.jpg

I'd hate to see how much he sweats wearing his goalie equipment.

Third, he needs a better tailor. Suit is tight, sleeves are short, it's badly undersized, the bottom of the jacket flops open too wide, tip of his tie sticks out awkwardly. Even a guy who can afford everything can use a fashion makeover.

HblNJAg.gif

Fourth, the Bruins did a great job with the ceremony. I'm assuming Rask received a more elaborate celebration on account of having spent all of his 500 NHL career games with the same team. Compare that to Devan Dubnyk, who was honored on Jan. 5th for attaining the same milestone as Rask but who didn't play all of his career NHL games with the team that was honoring him:

Dubnyk's ceremony was more toned down in comparison.

Fifth, that drum set is an amazing gift. They had it made just for him, which makes it really special. You'll recall that Randy Johnson received a Neil Peart replica drum set (although his was a retirement ceremony):

johnson-r30-1.jpg

Finally, I liked how the drum set came from Metallica. But then, immediately following the official presentation of the drum set to Rask, house music comes on and they play ... Rush?!?

Nice ceremony. A great reminder of what makes hockey so special.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->