OT: Turtle Always Turtled

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
The fight happened during the pre-game skate? Was the guy charged with assault?

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
2915542bb08f1cbb50b7dcdf17cf74b3.jpg

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
oh I'm sure he got "stunned" by the first punch and then turtled. That's the story, right?

Lemeiux has always been a POS. It's sickening to watch McCarty sitting next to him in one of their interviews as Lemeiux recalls fondly how he suckerpunched Kozlov in the back of the head. Pointing out how much more it hurts with the glove on.

Reactions: avssuc

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
The fight happened during the pre-game skate? Was the guy charged with assault?
No, he was fined for turtle hunting without a license.

For some context, Lemeiux kept shooting the puck into the Flyer's net at the end of warmups. The Flyers had had enough and were waiting for it, and Turtle in particular. This time Corson shoots it in, sticking by Lemieux because he probably guessed they'd be going after him and that Lemieux can't fight his own battles.

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
No matter what anyone ever says about him, above all he was a classless cheep shot. And he didn't answer the bell.

Reactions: PelagicJoe

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Wow, Don Cherry was so much better back then, than even in the 95+. Much more reserved, but still speaking his mind!

Reactions: Winger98

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
No, he was fined for turtle hunting without a license.

For some context, Lemeiux kept shooting the puck into the Flyer's net at the end of warmups. The Flyers had had enough and were waiting for it, and Turtle in particular. This time Corson shoots it in, sticking by Lemieux because he probably guessed they'd be going after him and that Lemieux can't fight his own battles.

Corson and his family member Darcy Tucker were always douches, I see it began for Corson long before Toronto.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

Mar 4, 2004
Wow, Don Cherry was so much better back then, than even in the 95+. Much more reserved, but still speaking his mind!
That somewhat affirms my memory of him. I grew up watching HNIC on CBC and remember Cherry as being outspoken but not the clown he is now. But I sort of chalked it up to my being a kid and not realizing it.

But seeing old clips it's clear what a caricature he's become.

Reactions: Winger98

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
That somewhat affirms my memory of him. I grew up watching HNIC on CBC and remember Cherry as being outspoken but not the clown he is now. But I sort of chalked it up to my being a kid and not realizing it.

But seeing old clips it's clear what a caricature he's become.

I think its more old age than becoming a caricature. People seem to forget hes 85 years old. He used to be a solid hockey mind but obviously times have past him by

Obe2kenobe

Mar 23, 2014
U.P.
I wonder if this was the game Rodney Dangerfield always talked about. Where he said, I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

Last edited:

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
I need some wings rumors or something. It's so boring when your team has been out this long and the draft/FA is still a month+ away....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->